Anchor storage

I also use a Box and store it in the changing area.

Here is mine, short video from last weekend,

as you can see when I first put it in is 

slid about 2 ft before it really dug in.

winds that day 15 to 20 and gusts to 25

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool video CLRD

I have 2 of the box anchors ,small and a baby .Stored in their bags under the seats .

How does the box work on weedy bottoms?

Not sure Andy ,I have only used mine at sand bars .

How does the box work on weedy bottoms?
Not a problem for us. Just gently shake off the weeds and muck when it comes back up. The boat definitelyl stays put when it's set properly.

MinnKota Deckhand 40 only way to go. Got it as a Christmas gift and did not think I really needed it but was I wrong. The convenience is super nice. No rope, no storage, no tangles and no effort after a long set of swimming or relaxing. We usually set around the end of coves and on Dale Hollow Lake there are some really steep mountians making the water around 60 to 90 feet deep even in the coves. It sure is nice not having to pull up all that rope. With a few hints might even get one for Christmas.

Are you using that with a box anchor? If so,  got pictures of it set up?  Really curious. What boat do you have? 

Are you using that with a box anchor? If so,  got pictures of it set up?  Really curious. What boat do you have? 

I use two box anchors. One for the front and one for the rear. I don't like the boat moving when my kids are using the slide and swimming around the boat. 

I use two box anchors. One for the front and one for the rear. I don't like the boat moving when my kids are using the slide and swimming around the boat. 

Got any pictures of the box anchors on that MinnKota?

I have not tried with a box anchor. I use it with a couple of the original designs they sold with these winches. I think these are discontinued now and most people use mushroom type anchors. You can see how this is setup. I suppose a box anchor would work. Just look a little different on boat.

View attachment MK DH40.pdf

We keep a plastic bucket under the port bow seat. The wet anchor rope and chain go into the bucket, while the anchor goes next to it. I am always careful to rinse it off well before storing under the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
What size box anchor is everyone using?

I use a Small,with a baby in the stern to stop the sway 

What size box anchor is everyone using?

I am also using the small box anchor. This is my first season with it though, so I can not testify as to how well it works yet. We have used it twice. Two weeks ago,  we had two bow riders tired to us though.  The middle of the summer when our lake has had the most weed growth will be the real test,  but I am told it is suppose to work exceptional. 

I have not tried with a box anchor. I use it with a couple of the original designs they sold with these winches. I think these are discontinued now and most people use mushroom type anchors. You can see how this is setup. I suppose a box anchor would work. Just look a little different on boat.

View attachment 1308

My concern is how the box anchor rides when it is attached.  The box anchor has a galvanized steel bar that replaces the need for a chain and that may put the anchor in a position where it bangs on the boat. Very interested to see a box anchor hooked up to a Minn Kota.

Back