Anchors

Yup we have the Digger in the front and a Chene anchor for the rear. We use it when other boats are relatively close and don't want the pendulum effect. http://www.cheneanchor.com/
How is your setup with the digger anchor? I see a chain isnt necessary, are you using a carabiner clip to your line or a bow shackle/screw pin set up? How much rode are you using for depth? Thanks. I ordered one and am trying to get the complimenting gear to go along with it.

Might have to find a bag to store it in as well...will need to see how the edges are

How is your setup with the digger anchor? I see a chain isnt necessary, are you using a carabiner clip to your line or a bow shackle/screw pin set up? How much rode are you using for depth? Thanks. I ordered one and am trying to get the complimenting gear to go along with it.

Might have to find a bag to store it in as well...will need to see how the edges are

I’ll never use carabiner clips on an anchor again. Lost 2 anchors in the past with them.

First I have an anchor rope that is pre spliced with a stainless steel thimble. This thimble is installed on a stainless steel shackle that then is attached to the top of the Digger anchor. A strong proven system I've had since 2008. I have used 2:1 and 3:1 rode with success and that anchor is rock solid! Very simple. 10 feet of water 20 feet of rope or if it's a bit breezy 30 feet of rope and so on. If it's windy I may use a bit more rode and/or throw my 2nd anchor off the stern. It's not going anywhere!

First I have an anchor rope that is pre spliced with a stainless steel thimble. This thimble is installed on a stainless steel shackle that then is attached to the top of the Digger anchor. A strong proven system I've had since 2008. I have used 2:1 and 3:1 rode with success and that anchor is rock solid! Very simple. 10 feet of water 20 feet of rope or if it's a bit breezy 30 feet of rope and so on. If it's windy I may use a bit more rode and/or throw my 2nd anchor off the stern. It's not going anywhere!
Same

There is a YouTube video on how an anchor rope can release a carabiner clip. If you use a shackle to connect a rope to the anchor eye use safety wire or a zip tie to lock the bolt. Ask me how I know. :(

Great info, thank you. My buddies swear by the swivel connectors, I found / purchased this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C77NY9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1.5 kg Nylon Cooper anchor for the stern and Lone star GX 1electric anchor for the bow. Both work a treat on sand or mud sea floors. Have both out when anchoring.

No chain was fitted to the nylon anchor, still sits flat and digs in. Also prevents any boat scratching when retrieving and storing.

Attachments

• 5C78D86F-9A83-41AA-9F3F-812F1A22FD16.jpeg
    5C78D86F-9A83-41AA-9F3F-812F1A22FD16.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 23
  • FD4A8F12-DA6F-4544-BDCB-AAE780F96EF4.jpeg
    FD4A8F12-DA6F-4544-BDCB-AAE780F96EF4.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 22
  • E7938EA8-837A-445B-828C-60659C6294A3.png
    E7938EA8-837A-445B-828C-60659C6294A3.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 236FBF85-755D-4E17-9C80-67BC3F518278.jpeg
    236FBF85-755D-4E17-9C80-67BC3F518278.jpeg