Annual Docking?

BenningtonWA

Reaction score
My current marina doesn't allow our boat to be put in the water until July (because of the neighboring dam), which cuts our boating season in half. We have been shopping for other marinas and we found one that offers a fantastic slip (perfect actually), but they only allow annual mooring. I weighed the cost of our current marina and winter storage fees, and we would actually come out ahead by doing it this way - as well as have an entire boating season. But...

Question #1 - Are Bennington's OK to be in the water full time? I have been assured that this marina does not freeze in the winter and I could get our Bennington dealer to send a mechanic down to winterize / summerize, etc.

Question #2 - If the answer to #1 is yes, are there services around most lakes that someone could pull the boat to clean the tubes etc?

Thank you in advance.

Bennington 2572 QCW
Yamaha 350

I see plenty of pontoons on Lake Murray, SC year round. No issues there except build up on your toons.

Also, my dealer is on the lake and I can boat over to get serviced (including cleanings). They have the equipment to pull the boat out to be worked on.

I second Baja 252. I left mine in the water for just over 2 weeks while we waited for our lift to be installed. Way more buildup than I expected in such a short amount of time.

Depends on the water quality of your lake. My boat sits in the water the entire season and it doesn’t look too bad. I give it a very occasional rub down with one of those blue scratch pass

Back