Another Delay

Boomers dad

Reaction score
I purchased my boat on Feb 28 and was told by the dealer it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. In mid April I was informed by the dealer that my boat would be built on May 23rd. After a somewhat heated discussion he assured me it would be built and shipped out that week. Well I recieved a call from Daniel Hahn, VP Sales Western U.S. and was told my boat would not be built until June 1 and shipped on June 2nd. On one hand I was upset about the delay on the other I was impressed that Bennington would call me to explain why the build date had been pushed back.

Mr Hahn was very upfront and apologetic in explaining the challenges they are having with getting there boats built. It appears they expected to build XXX amount of boats this year and have orders well exceeding that. :eek: .

Thank you Mr Hahn, you represent Bennington well and prove I made a good decision in purchasing a Bennington along with many other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers to Mr. Hahn for excellent customer service!

Cheers to Boomers Dad for exercising patience and recognizing the positive in a touchy situation.

Cheers to BM. A healthy manufacturer is good for all of us Bennington owners. It means they have a better chance of being around to honor their warranties.

Oh, and cheers to me for buying a leftover 2010 model. Although I have it in my possession, I haven't gotten it wet, but at least have control over that (with Mother Nature's agreement, of course)!

Hope to see those pics soon, Dad!

I purchased my boat on Feb 28 and was told by the dealer it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. In mid April I was informed by the dealer that my boat would be built on May 23rd. After a somewhat heated discussion he assured me it would be built and shipped out that week. Well I recieved a call from Daniel Hahn, Vice President of sales and was told my boat would not be built until June 1 and shipped on June 2nd. On one hand I was upset about the delay on the other I was impressed that Bennington would call me to explain why the build date had been pushed back.

Mr Hahn was very upfront and apologetic in explaining the challenges they are having with getting there boats built. It appears they expected to build approx. 1700 boats this year and have orders for 7500 boats :eek: . A good problem for them but not for me.

Now for the good part. Mr Hahn agreed to give me a option ( at no charge ) that I did not order. I will keep the exact item between myself and Mr Hahn. I will tell you this it was alot better than a T-shirt ;)

Thank you Mr Hahn, you represent Bennington well and prove I made a good decision in purchasing a Bennington along with 7500 other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: Funny how it's the VICE President who gets all the dirty jobs!!!!!!!!!! :D

Back