Another new benny owner with a warranty Q.

dans57chevyconv

Reaction score
My wife and I just put a deposit down on a new 2015 24 ssrx,  going to pick it up this Monday.  My question is, I'm purchasing the benny at a dealer about 8 hrs from me. Well my local benny dealer told me that if there is a warranty issue, they can handle it, but if the Bennington company says for example it should take 2 hours to fix something, and it takes them 4 hrs, I would have to come out of pocket for the extra 2 hrs that Bennington would not cover. Then, try and get reimbursed from the dealer I purchased it from. The dealer I'm purchasing it from says, "They would not reimburse me and that, that didn't sound right to them", when they get tourist with warranty issues they take care of it and not charge the owner at all.

I would think buying a new boat with a warranty, the customer shouldn't have to come out of pocket for warranty issues. Am I incorrect on this issue. Thanks in advance for any info on this

I Will post pics when I figure out how to.

Also thanks for all the info on this forum, been doing a lot of research on here before and after I joined, can't wait till Monday.

2015 24SSRX 

Regatta blue with no accent, blue canvas, Ivory interior, dual batteries, Yamaha 115, extended deck, tilt steering, double bimini, pillowtop interior, G recliners, helm sink, lighted cup holders, chrome emblems, S/S docking lights, Stbd bow ice chest, and a few other things I liked.

Welcome Dan. Warranty work shouldn't cost you a penny out of pocket.

What Carl said. I bought from dealer A and dealer B services my Benny. He said he gets paid to service it so why not plus I had previously bought a Benny from dealer B. Some dealers though, lets say dealer WM, can be complete a-holes and refuse to service it if you did not buy it there.

And based on your user name lets see that chevy! post some pictures here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of thinking that's not necessarily out of the realm depending on the situation. I had a Ram truck with warranty, BUT, they had to remove aftermarket plow mount to do the work. I got charged for that time. I could see possibly dealing with that but other than that type of situation, I'd hope the dealer would rethink his stand. By the way, why didn't you buy from local dealer. If to save a little $$$, this comes into play. Oh, and probably expect to go to the end of the line. A dealers probably going to take care of "his" customers first. That's not a Bennington issue, that's just how many dealers are. 

Thanks for the responses. I didn't think I should come out of pocket. The dealer said his customers would come first, I understand if there busy my warranty issues would probably be in the off season.

lakeliving - I will post pics of my chevy when I figure out how. I'm doing a frame off resto right now, I've welded in new rockers, floor, trunk, and I'm doing the quarters now.

Semperfi8387 - Semper Fi from another jarhead. And I would understand if I had aftermarket stuff that I would likely be charge for that stuff. Also I did Purchase from a farther dealer because I felt it was a good deal, the local dealer couldn't do what the other dealer could. Probably just cause it was a 2015 still new and they wanted to get rid of it. Which is just fine with me. haha

Yeah, probably got a good deal on a 2015. Still has a 7 year warranty so you probably made out like a bandit !! Ooo Rah Jarhead!!

Congratulations and welcome. Sounds like an awesome vessel! Enjoy...

Congratulations on the new Bennington.  It looks like a very nice boat you just bought.  We just put our order in on a 2017 24'SSBXP ourselves this past week. Here's to an awesome upcoming summer on the water!

Thanks, Congratulations to you too Vikingstaff. Yes looking forward to this summer very much. Its my first boat, and everyone I was hearing from was saying to go used for your first boat. As I looked for a boat, it seemed to me there just isn't much of a market for used pontoons, unless there very old or priced almost as much as new. Seems like when you buy one you keep it. If someone's trading it in then you have to be Johnny on the spot and be at the dealer when it comes in. 

Back