Another question

Jack M

Reaction score
I was just out adjusting the sub ,left the cover on and crawled in .

I turn on the ignition briefly and noticed that only one gauge lit up .

Shouldn't have all three lit up .?

And the list continues to get longer .

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you want this boat? Give back to the dealer and start over.

Are you sure you want this boat? Give back to the dealer and start over.
I am beginning to wonder about that . I have a list with 9 problems not counting the cavitation . At this time I don't know what I would replace it with .

Every time I go just to look at it I find something else wrong .

I have to be honest Jack, everytime I see a new topic started by you I am dreading reading it! NOT because I don't want to know what your question or problem is, I just feel bad for all the issues you've encountered so far. I am sure hoping for a speedy resolve to all the deficiencies. 

Thank You Derrick

.It's to the point ,If I take it out I can't go far for fear of having to be towed back . I have no clue if anything else will pop up .

Update ,7:30 am 

Wiggled some wires under the helm ,gauges are lit .I will have the dealer check the connections .

Nav lights and docks lights also work .

However I did start the motor ( 4 stroke )  for the first time since Saturday ,smoked like crazy .

Should it be doing that ?

Can't go out until Wednesday ,rain today .

I honestly would return it at this point and ask that a new one be rebuilt.

I feel terrible for you Jack, a few problems are one thing, but with all your troubles maybe it's time to sit down with your dealer and have a serious discussion about how to get another boat ordered.

As for the smoke, if the engine is not broken in yet, you may get some smoke because the rings have not seated properly yet.

Jack, I also feel bad for you and hope that your dealer can resolve all your problems

Dealer feels like crap . None of the issues are his problem ,except the cavitating ( he is going to change the prop ) .

I told him to wait and do everything at once .

I took a video of the smoke ,went to the dealer .

Its not blue and no alarms ,so they said most likely steam because of the temp outside and water temp .

Oh Wait!  I see the problem now - That's not a Yamaha :p

Jack

I didn't want my misfortune to rub off on you 

I actually stopped posting due to sounding like a complainer

It is sad really

I hope all your issues are remedied

Shouldn't be like this after the long wait you had 

be+optimistic.jpg

Oh Wait!  I see the problem now - That's not a Yamaha :ppol
There is a reason I bought a Mercury .

So unless you want  me to get into politics ,I will leave it at that 

We don't have a politics thread.     :eek:

And that is Exactly why I left it at that .

Dealer feels like crap . None of the issues are his problem ,except the cavitating ( he is going to change the prop ) .

I told him to wait and do everything at once .

I took a video of the smoke ,went to the dealer .

Its not blue and no alarms ,so they said most likely steam because of the temp outside and water temp .

So I take it it was cold out when you took this video?  If so, he's probably right about the exhaust steam.  Just like a car in cold weather.

I have to be honest Jack, everytime I see a new topic started by you I am dreading reading it! NOT because I don't want to know what your question or problem is, I just feel bad for all the issues you've encountered so far. I am sure hoping for a speedy resolve to all the deficiencies. 

Ditto...  Jack, maybe you should trade your boat in for a motorcycle???

Just kidding.  Don't trade the boat!

Back