Any SCUBA Divers?

tcpip95

Reaction score
Blondie and I are avid SCUBA divers.  We love to go down to the Keys and dive the various reefs (especially Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon) as well as The Bahamas.  Nothing fancy or anything; deepest we've been is about 100'.  We often take cruises and dive the Caribbean as well, using the cruise ship as our dive boat.  We take our own gear (except weights and tanks) and have special roller luggage for all our stuff.

This November we're taking a 14-night S. Caribbean cruise (Celebrity Eclipse) out of Miami and will be diving St. Marteen, Antigua, St. Lucia, and the ABCs - Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao.  Really excited to dive Bonaire - it's a diver's paradise.

Anybody else SCUBA dive?

PADI and Naui open water.  1st certified in Stillhouse Hollow Dam, Belton Texas in mid 70's then moved to paradise and dived Hawaii for 4 years mainly North Shore; Three Tables, Sharks Cove and off Waianae.  Unforunately was spoiled there so when we left but it on back burner and never got back to it.  Nothing like the sensation of floating, the colors and swimming with schools of fish.  I miss it! 

I did my certification here in Ft. Myers about 7 years ago.  Blondie did hers out in Monterrey Bay in 56° water temp in a kelp field shore dive.  Can't imagine diving in all that kelp, knowing what critters are in that water.

That's something I think I could get into, but I don't have good places to dive without going at least 4 hours away. :(  The muddy waters that I boat in, you can't see your hand if you put it a foot away from your eyes. 

Me and my grandson dive on Dale Hollow Lake. It is one of the cleaner lakes. Real good visibility in the fall. Not the ocean but great for a lake.

How deep is the lake, and have you done any spear fishing there?

I'd love to see the videos of that! Fire up the gopro and get em!

Back