Anybody checked out the Bennington site and boat builder?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Just went on there as my dealer is at the show and sent a couple pics (which I won't post up here till he says its ok). Couple of slick new items and you can see some new colors on the build site right now. I find the new site more "visual" than before. I do like it, the boat builder may be slightly slower, but all in all, I like it. Just hope they take our suggestions and link a pic to EVERY option that is on there. I know this takes time, but it will only help sell more options.

Visiting there is a symptom of PAD. Be very afraid.

I like how they have the pics of all the options now. When I looked at it a couple days ago, it seemed like they released it before testing it or working through all the details. MSRP on the SX-series boat I clicked on was over $1 million because all engine options were $999,999. 

I like how they have the pics of all the options now. When I looked at it a couple days ago, it seemed like they released it before testing it or working through all the details. MSRP on the SX-series boat I clicked on was over $1 million because all engine options were $999,999.
Wow! Definitely out of my price range!!!!! LOL

Yeah they did the transition to the new site on Saturday night sometime.  Saturday afternoon it was the old site, Sunday the new site was up (with bugs as is already mentioned).  I went on and rebuilt the boat I just ordered.  Some of the things have changed so I'm not sure how it's going to affect my order.  The interior colors and exterior colors have changes as well as the stereo options (using Kicker deck now).  I sent an email in to Bennington with a few questions but haven't heard back yet.  Some things have me curious though, extended bow and pop-up cleats standard on the Q series.

Yeah they did the transition to the new site on Saturday night sometime.  Saturday afternoon it was the old site, Sunday the new site was up (with bugs as is already mentioned).  I went on and rebuilt the boat I just ordered.  Some of the things have changed so I'm not sure how it's going to affect my order.  The interior colors and exterior colors have changes as well as the stereo options (using Kicker deck now).  I sent an email in to Bennington with a few questions but haven't heard back yet.  Some things have me curious though, extended bow and pop-up cleats standard on the Q series.
Emailing Bennington for answers to your questions isn't a solid plan. They will direct you to a dealer. Their sales model is set up for customers to interact directly with their dealers, not the factory. The factory deals with dealers.

This is not to say your dealer will have all the answers, but your questions should prompt them to find the answers. Since they are all at the annual dealer meeting right now, you may need to wait a while for a response.

The pop up cleats look good. I think. It is a far away picture, and more of a side view, but they look good as far as I can tell.

Emailing Bennington for answers to your questions isn't a solid plan. They will direct you to a dealer. Their sales model is set up for customers to interact directly with their dealers, not the factory. The factory deals with dealers.

This is not to say your dealer will have all the answers, but your questions should prompt them to find the answers. Since they are all at the annual dealer meeting right now, you may need to wait a while for a response.
I just figured since the stuff is brand new I'd just ask them direct.  I did call them last week and spoke with a really nice guy (Ryan) who was helpful (but this was before the new site of course).  Didn't know about about the dealer meeting so hopefully my dealer will enlighten me in the near future about my concerns.  I've got nothing but time anxiously awaiting the new boat.

No......... I'm scared to build a boat!

You'll catch PADS from build a boat. Stay away.

Well I showed my wife a pic of one of the new features/layouts. She swore at me. She likes it. haha And they have White now. 

Well I showed my wife a pic of one of the new features/layouts. She swore at me. She likes it. haha And they have White now. 
That would have made it quite an adventure in Elkhart!

Uh oh. Not sure if I should look! I'm going to try and wait a few more years as it seems bennington is rolling out new options/ models yearly.

My dealer in Havasu already has a 2016 sitting on the lot.  He said they changed their tooling over about a month or so ago.  Mine will be sort of a hybrid.  My interior and exterior color combo's aren't offered in 2016 (although I guess if you pushed hard enough you could get it) but it will have whatever standard stuff that might be new.  That's what my dealer told me yesterday anyways.

The build site is pretty slow so I haven't thoroughly explored it yet, but from what I did see it looks like they no longer offer the Crimson Red color.  Noooo!   Now my wife REALLY will object to my fantasies about upgrading to an R model with ESP and bigger motor any time soon.  

The build site is pretty slow so I haven't thoroughly explored it yet, but from what I did see it looks like they no longer offer the Crimson Red color.  Noooo!   Now my wife REALLY will object to my fantasies about upgrading to an R model with ESP and bigger motor any time soon.  
I initially wanted the Crimson Red (especially since my GMC Sierra Crew is red) but the wife didn't like it.  I picked the colors on my last two lake boats so I thought it was only fair that she chose them this time (blue with gray accent and blacked out package).  And I actually like that combo so I'm OK with it.  Even though the Crimson was discontinued my dealer told me it would still be available for those that still want it.

hehe, depending on the wife, I just MAY know where you can find a Crimson Red R model with ESP and a bigger motor may be!! haha How do you feel about a tower? jk I do really like one of the new layouts I saw, but I'm torn, Still love my boat. But man a white boat with Crimson accent and a Crimson tower?????? That may be worth the hassle of redoing the stereo!

hehe, depending on the wife, I just MAY know where you can find a Crimson Red R model with ESP and a bigger motor may be!! haha How do you feel about a tower? jk I do really like one of the new layouts I saw, but I'm torn, Still love my boat. But man a white boat with Crimson accent and a Crimson tower?????? That may be worth the hassle of redoing the stereo!
Will you deliver to Georgia?  :D

He'll need a passport! LOLOLOLOLOL!
Haha, that's a good one Randy!! :)  

For those of you wanting some sneak peeks of 2016, take a look at Bennington's Facebook Page, some dealers have been posting pics from the show. My dealer didn't really want me to, so I haven't, but you can get a look at an awesome Q and some other lounging setups.

Back