Anyone Added 3rd Toon or Pontoon Water Glide?

dbchaplin

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2250 RSI.  We bought it used for several reasons.  It has the fish and cruise package we were looking for.  low hours, 115 hp yamaha f115.  It came with a really nice trolling motor, fish finder, down rigger, and a ton of extra stuff.  We also got it for a great price because a widow was just trying to downsize when her husband passed unexpectedly.  We really want a tri-toon but the cost is so much more then we paid for this one.  It has the skin kit, 25" toons, and lifting strakes.  I got a rough quote from a local Benn dealer and they wanted like $6000 for a 3rd toon and that didn't include installation or trailer modification to support it. 

Has anyone done this themselves or used the pontoon water glide?  I plan to change the prop but it would be nice to be able to get above 22 mph at WOT.  Any comments or advice would be appreciated.  The current prop is 13.8x 15 (that is what is stamped on it at least).  We are coming off a wakeboarding boat but have 5 kids so the pontoon was a necessary change.  I know it won't be a bullet by anymeans but we would deffiently like to get some more performance if possible.  Thank you.

Shouldn't be near that much. Not sure if the current Express Tube fits the older boats, but keep shopping dealers. That's waaaaay to high compared to what I paid.

Did you add one after the fact?  If so did you do it yourself or have a dealer install it?  I got the impression that the guy wasn't really interested in helping all that bad.. but that is also to be expected because customer service seems to be a non-existant thing in CA.

The tube was installed by my boat mechanic. He was also supposed to install the underskinning, but for many complicated reasons (well outside of his control), the dealer ended up installing it.

Part of the expense may be the shipping from IN to CA, but if you are dealing with a Bennington dealer, there are ways around that.

My dealer in Utah quoted $1800 in shipping when they couldn't get it on an existing boat load, which would have been free. Price on the tube was just MSRP. They never gave me a price for install. I'm pretty sure they did not want to have anything to do with it. 

:angry:  After first calling and speaking to the owner I followed up and sent an email to my dealer on 6/9 asking for a price on express tube and waveshield, No response so sent a second email on 7/11 again have not heard. Dealers can be frustrating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple thoughts. I've discussed with Mike at BM the fact that this retrofit, while seemingly simple, has many variables to be considered, especially if a dealer is unfamiliar with the process. Some are, some are not.

Secondly, the Express Tube was originally designed for the S-series boat. These have a different deck structure and this difference can add confusion. It sure did for me and my dealer.

Last, BM is up to their eyebrows in alligators fulfilling pending orders for customer-ordered and dealer-ordered boats. Mike and I both agreed that this retrofit should be considered a project for the off season at BM..... whenever that is!

PM me with specific questions.

Back