Anyone from Tickfaw River, LA area

Hello... I just joined the forum.  I am located in Bush, LA and my first pontoon 2013 Bennington was purchased from someone in Tickfaw. (22sfx).   I have yet to get it wet other than the "sea trial in Lake Pontchartrain.  My maiden voyage will be from the Covington boat launch most likely.  

Good to see someone from the area even thou it's a pretty long trip from Tickfaw to Covington.

i just decided to come back to the pontoon world a few months ago, I had a pontoon back about 12 years ago and since have been running power boats and cruisers. I will say the pontoons of today are nothing like what I had before, and I thought it was pretty sweet. I had a Fisher triple toon with a 150 optimax that run 32 wide open, burned a ton of gas and oil.

i purchased a 2016 Bennington 2375 RCW with the 300 Yamaha, not a power boat but does pretty good, I have been able to hit 52 with 2 people onboard and minimal fuel, I did come across lake Maurepas last weekend with 11 people onboard and was still able to run 41 mph so that wasn't bad.

have a great day and if you over to the Tickfaw area give me a shout.

Back