Anyone have one of the NEW Mercury 4 strokes yet?

Baja 252

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see what people think of them. Mine should be here in 3-4 weeks!

Im curious to see some of the numbers these new engines are going to turn out. Love my 350 Verado though!

Yeah, I've had three since I got my new boat in May because two broke so far. Thank god for warrantee.

First one had an oil leak they couldn't figure out so they swapped it. Next one, with 39 hours on it had some internal issues they couldn't fix so they swapped on another one. I don't have a lot of confidence in this third one...need to get that extended warranty.

Oh my! Not a good start. I am hopeful you just had bad luck and got the anomalies in the line up. Hopefully the third one is fine for you long term. Did you try checking into some sort of price break on an extended warranty given your problems so far?

I always hate getting the first or second year of a new car, motor vehicle, motor, etc... I always prefer the manufacturer having 1-3 years to work out the unforeseen bugs in the system. Not always practical or doable, but when possible its nice.

Yeah, I've had three since I got my new boat in May because two broke so far. Thank god for warrantee.

First one had an oil leak they couldn't figure out so they swapped it. Next one, with 39 hours on it had some internal issues they couldn't fix so they swapped on another one. I don't have a lot of confidence in this third one...need to get that extended warranty.

Well that's not good, sorry to hear you're having problems. What model and HP engine do you have?

Back