Wow, that's as far North as Derrick is, aint it ....... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just take a left at the third igloo!

I saw a show on HGTV, I think it was Portland, where they build REALLY nice houses on floats, old barges, etc...... I LOVE THOSE !!!!

I told my wife I'd love to have one if it was not in Portland ... :lol: Too much rain !!!

I'm just hoping that if and when we do ever get this warm weather you Americans speak of, that it isn't like last year where Mother Nature decides that it should rain and be windy only on the weekends!! Man that ticks me off!! Have a gorgeous WORK Week, only to have a crappy weekend!! There was a CRAZY highway pileup between Calgary and Edmonton yesterday! They were saying around 100 or more vehicles, pictures showed LOTS of big rigs twisted and ditched everywhere. Our rain still comes down hard ie snow! Oh and to stay on topic, I DO NOT live in Portland, just wanted to make that clear. :p . Hahaha

I work every third day, so I get a few more chances to roll the dice with the weather. Actually it really doesn't rain that much, our summers are nice and we have a short winter.

I'm just hoping that if and when we do ever get this warm weather you Americans speak of, that it isn't like last year where Mother Nature decides that it should rain and be windy only on the weekends!! Man that ticks me off!! Have a gorgeous WORK Week, only to have a crappy weekend!! There was a CRAZY highway pileup between Calgary and Edmonton yesterday! They were saying around 100 or more vehicles, pictures showed LOTS of big rigs twisted and ditched everywhere. Our rain still comes down hard ie snow! Oh and to stay on topic, I DO NOT live in Portland, just wanted to make that clear. :p . Hahaha
This( http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/qe2-highway-reopened-after-massive-crash-1.1206546?playVideo ) looks like Dayton OH after 1/2" of new snow. I thought you'all knew how to drive in snow. After all you get to practice 9-10 months a year! :D

Haha, but that's Alberta! Wouldn't have happened in Manitoba! Haha jk, from what I was told it had been raining for a while, then became snow, I don't think they even had any snow before they got all this. It's one of those things where people forget how to drive. Like the first dump of snow in fall, people are idiots and think they can still take a corner at 50 when it's as slick as sh*t on a hot tin roof!

I saw a show on HGTV, I think it was Portland, where they build REALLY nice houses on floats, old barges, etc...... I LOVE THOSE !!!!

I told my wife I'd love to have one if it was not in Portland ... :lol: Too much rain !!!
Semper we have a huge number of floating home communities on our rivers. It's actually really awesome.

Semper we have a huge number of floating home communities on our rivers. It's actually really awesome.
I know, if it was not the west coast, we'd move in a heartbeat !!!!

Ha. 5 year old thread...

I thought PDX might be back posting pics of his boat guests....

Ha. 5 year old thread...

I thought PDX might be back posting pics of his boat guests....

Just wondering the other day whatever happened to Tommy .... :(

We are on our second Benny here in Portland, Oregon. We usually launch at a Gladstone/Oregon City boat ramp on Willamette River and cruise through the center of Portland with all the bridges for lots to look at and slow cruise until we reach the Columbia River and then faster cruise back. If we plan to be in water in late summer, we like to go above Estacada at North Fork Reservoir on Clackamas River as water is very clean and there is a campground up there also. We have 3 grandkids , all girls under 3, that love Gaga and Papa's boat along with their folks (our kids/spouses). Good times ahead! Every time we go out someone comments on our Bennington and say they are thinking of getting one (a pontoon anyway). They are catching on out here in the west.

Last edited:
Back