Anyone use Shallow Water (pole) Anchors?

tyjy

Reaction score
If so, any recommendations for brand or size? (normally see 3/4" but have seen 1" diameter poles) Thanks!

Somebody posted their experience with the poles.  Mounting was a issue.  

I have a 8 foot power pole.  Not cheap, and if I was doing it over, I might have gone for the 10 foot.  I also have the I-pilot, which has the anchor ability.

I have the stick it anchor. Tried once on the weekend in a crowd sand bar. Totally useless. Couldn't get it to drive in the bottom before the boat float away.

After the last weekend, I am willing to shell out some money to get the convenience of the shallow water anchor system. The problem is I am not sure one will be strong enough to hold my 2275 GCW tritoon and I certainly don't want it to take up my deck space. So if the engine mount will work, that will be great.

As this point, I am considering the Talon 12' anchor. I emailed my dealer (they're not a Talon dealer) and got no response so far.

Can't find too many pictures online for a talon installed on a tritoon.

I am planning to go to basspro shop and talk to the saleman there.

Thanks guys!

Looking for something not toooooo pricey for fishing to steady the stern. My husband found this MAX-GAIN SYSTEMS shallow water boat anchor parts site that lists a 1" diameter option which would be sturdier (vs 3/4"). Male/Female couplers are needed per each extension depending on how long plus t handle, point, etc. We were looking at coming up with a 12' max length (three 4' sections for easy storage under a seat) (not just water depth but mud on the bottom to think about). All the parts add up though. The "guide" thing shown we don't like so he was thinking of fabricating something himself of searching online more to accept 1"?

This is just something we've found so far, wondering if anyone else has heard of this system? 

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm

I wanted to get the Minn Kota Talon but I'm not sure how it should be installed. I assume I'd need a bracket to install it directly to the transom on my Benny, but Minn Kota tech support was useless and the brackets are expensive. Also, drilling into the side of the aluminum transom, will this void my warranty? I have no dealers near me for either the Minn Kota or Power Pole, so I have to install in myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize I'm a little late to the party but I thought I'd share what I use as well and it's worked great.  I use a pair of bottom buster anchors however I built my own rigid sleeve mount since the Ram Mount they come with tends to flex a little with heavier pontoons in moderate wave action.  The anchor poles themselves are rock solid and come in lengths up to 12ft I believe. 

http://www.alienlabsusa.com/product/bottom-buster-shallow-water-anchor-system/

I realize I'm a little late to the party but I thought I'd share what I use as well and it's worked great.  I use a pair of bottom buster anchors however I built my own rigid sleeve mount since the Ram Mount they come with tends to flex a little with heavier pontoons in moderate wave action.  The anchor poles themselves are rock solid and come in lengths up to 12ft I believe. 

http://www.alienlabsusa.com/product/bottom-buster-shallow-water-anchor-system/

Got any pics of your DIY mount? 

The sandwich adapter style plate is how most of the Talons and Power Poles are mounted on bass boats.  Just know that if you don't beach the front of the boat or anchor the front, a single talon or power pole will work but the boat will spin around it.

Back