Anyone with a Verado what hole is your motor in

I have a 25" shaft..... on my boat! I'm in the third hole down so I would have one more hole to raise it up if need be. I'm running a 15 x 15 rebel prop.

Thanks. I'm all the way down with a 25" shaft as well so it seems mine might be too low. I've always suspected this to be the case. Have you noticed issues with making tight turns?

Thanks. I'm all the way down with a 25" shaft as well so it seems mine might be too low. I've always suspected this to be the case. Have you noticed issues with making tight turns?

Raising the motor can cause some issues turning tight or if the front of the boat is loaded heavier. We raised my motor 2 holes yesterday and I need some time with it under different situations to say for sure but I actually believe I may end up dropping back down 1 hole just because I'm a little aggressive in the corners at times especially pulling tubes.

That's my worry. I do more hard turns compared to spirited runs. I guess I'll just leave it alone!

Only under extreme hi speed turning do I experience any real blow out and I'm so accustomed to trimming down during the turn I never notice it. 98% of the time I don't notice any issues with the height. I've yet to run 16pitch prop in this position but it doesn't have the grip of the prop in running now, I might get the speed but everything else will suffer. 

I decided to contact Bennington and ask about the mounting location, they responded and said it needs to be in hole #2. I guess I'm going to try that along with going up to the 16 pitch prop and run it a while to see how it does.

Todd,

Hole #2 meaning  2nd from the top (one hole showing)?  Did the dealer not mount it in the recommended spot from Bennington?

Also, did you opt for the 16 or 17 pitch prop?

Todd,

Hole #2 meaning  2nd from the top (one hole showing)?  Did the dealer not mount it in the recommended spot from Bennington?

Also, did you opt for the 16 or 17 pitch prop?

Yes Bennington suggested hole #2 which is second from the top, the dealer had it rigged in hole #1.  I ended up going to hole #3 and the 16P prop. I've only had a couple of hours on it since the change but so far it's definitely made a big difference (see my other post in props section). I do however think it may need to be lowered back down to hole #2 for a good balance between top speed and hard cornering. I'm not going to change anything now until after 2 hours and some good time on it to make sure. It could also handle a 17P prop which may be the next move I make. 

We also have a 25QSB Verado 350. The Prop is an Enertia 17 P. It will do 50 at the lake ~6200 RPM. Not shure on wht hole but I will look into it.

We also have a 25QSB Verado 350. The Prop is an Enertia 17 P. It will do 50 at the lake ~6200 RPM. Not shure on wht hole but I will look into it.

Rpms sound about right with the 17P. I'm still turning 6400-6480 when it's trimmed at it's top speed and adding 1 inch of pitch typically drops about 200 rpms. Your speed of 50 mph is what doesn't sound right, how heavy were you loaded at that speed? I'm hitting 52.5 with 3 adults and half tank of fuel and moderate amount of gear on board. That makes me think your motor is also to low, I'll be curious to see where yours is mounted. 

I have a lighter boat but also less HP and I can do 53 and 54 depending on the day.  There is so much involved with speed, that some days I only get 51.  I am done fine tuning my boat except I may try another ECO prop.  Going from 19p Enertia to the 19p ECO dropped my rpms too much and I lost speed.  I really want to try the 18p ECO and see, but that is all I will do.

Chasing a couple of mph's can be very time consuming and a pain in the butt sometimes.  Don't even attempt to get the dealer of the boat and the OEM of the engine to agree on how it should be mounted, that is a whole other nightmare.  The OEM of the engine knows how it should be ran and where the anti ventilation plate should be run, but the dealer or boat OEM hates to put it that high and they will not unless you force them.

Well I checked and I am in the top hole on the 25QSB with the Verado 350. I'm thinking I need to raise it some?

I will try the 3rd hole (two Showing) with the 17P 14.5 Enertia

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

Well I checked and I am in the top hole on the 25QSB with the Verado 350. I'm thinking I need to raise it some?

I will try the 3rd hole (two Showing) with the 17P 14.5 Enertia

View attachment 1679

View attachment 1680

What rpm's are you turning with that prop? After running mine and having different loads on the boat I would suggest hole #2. I'm currently in hole #3 and with the boat loaded heavy in the front I get a little blowout cruising at slower speeds on rough water. I'm planning to lower mine and go up on the pro to the 17p. 

I am in hole number 2 from the top on my R Fastback with the 350 Verado. I started with 17P  prop and could only get about 6100 RPM and about 46 on the top end when loaded heavy. I am now running a 15P pitch now and am turning about 6300 when loaded heavy and 50 on the top end. I typically run pretty heavy and am now thinking of  going to a 14P to get the RPM up to 6400 or 6500.I have had no issues with sharp turns unless I am trimmed up just a tad to high. The 17P worked good mid range but seemed to run out of gas at higher RPM and heavy load.

I am in hole number 2 from the top on my R Fastback with the 350 Verado. I started with 17P  prop and could only get about 6100 RPM and about 46 on the top end when loaded heavy. I am now running a 15P pitch now and am turning about 6300 when loaded heavy and 50 on the top end. I typically run pretty heavy and am now thinking of  going to a 14P to get the RPM up to 6400 or 6500.I have had no issues with sharp turns unless I am trimmed up just a tad to high. The 17P worked good mid range but seemed to run out of gas at higher RPM and heavy load.

I completely misread that post at first, sounds like we have similar results loaded heavy. We had 9 adults and one teenager on board plus 3 dogs and lots of gear with almost a full tank of fuel and my rpm's were in the 6100 range and we were able to bump 46 mph briefly trying to outrun a storm. That was with the 16P enertia and in hole #3. My dealer has me a 17P coming hopefully this Friday so I can try it out this weekend. Our boat started out in hole #1 with a 15P on it and it would run 50.5 with 3 adults and almost full of fuel but the rpm's would stay right around 6500 when it was trimmed just right. Raising the motor to hole #3 and going up 1'' on the prop pitch barely dropped the rpm's so I'm expecting to be turning around 6200-6300 with the 17P and should gain 1-3 mph, hopefully 3 B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the bump of a thread that's over a year old...

Reading through this and being a 100% novice in understanding Prop Math; where does altitude come into play? I'm at about 3,000 feet... Is that still low enough where it won't make a real difference?

Sorry for the bump of a thread that's over a year old...

Reading through this and being a 100% novice in understanding Prop Math; where does altitude come into play? I'm at about 3,000 feet... Is that still low enough where it won't make a real difference?
Since your Verado is supercharged, it is adjusting for the altitude for you :)

One option is to put a hydraulic transom jack and get the best performance all the time
Bennington frowns upon jack plates from a warranty stand point.

Back