Argh! Just added $3,000 to my build!

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
Okay, let's get one thing straight, I am not suffering from PADS! I am not buying a different boat, getting a longer boat, adding a tritoon, increasing the horsepower, or anything that I think is technically PADS.

However, based on my desire to have a boat that my wife and I can truly enjoy in many different situations, either by ourselves or with a group of people, I did swing by the dealership and made some adjustments to my build ($3,000 worth!). I truly appreciate all of your input, both here and also on the Bennington Facebook page. I added the double Bimini, under deck wave shield, a rectangular table in the bow to complement the trapezoid table that is in the back by the L-lounge, and I upgraded the LED dock lights to stainless steel. I think they will be brighter, more durable, and they just look really, really nice.

So, don't say I have PADS! I still have the same boat with same motor, just a few enhancements to make the ride a bit smoother and more functional for my family. Ok, now I'm totally done; I'm never going to the build page again!

Okay, let's get one thing straight, I am not suffering from PADS! I am not buying a different boat, getting a longer boat, adding a tritoon, increasing the horsepower, or anything that I think is technically PADS.

However, based on my desire to have a boat that my wife and I can truly enjoy in many different situations, either by ourselves or with a group of people, I did swing by the dealership and made some adjustments to my build ($3,000 worth!). I truly appreciate all of your input, both here and also on the Bennington Facebook page. I added the double Bimini, under deck wave shield, a rectangular table in the bow to complement the trapezoid table that is in the back by the L-lounge, and I upgraded the LED dock lights to stainless steel. I think they will be brighter, more durable, and they just look really, really nice.

So, don't say I have PADS! I still have the same boat with same motor, just a few enhancements to make the ride a bit smoother and more functional for my family. Ok, now I'm totally done; I'm never going to the build page again!
Pay Bennington now or pay them more later!

You did the right thing buying the boat you wanted!

Just an FYI ... I don’t think the SS dock lights will be brighter. Just my 2 cents. Definitely nicer...

Just an FYI ... I don’t think the SS dock lights will be brighter. Just my 2 cents. Definitely nicer...
I'm okay with that. If they are brighter or if they are not, they look so much nicer than the plastic ones. And, there's no chance of me cracking them if I happen to get the bow caught up under a dock. Definitely happy with how the stainless steel looks.

Yeah, well... I changed the build once again! BUT... I only added a battery on-off switch (I didn't realize it didn't come with one standard!). NOW I'M DONE!

Yeah, well... I changed the build once again! BUT... I only added a battery on-off switch (I didn't realize it didn't come with one standard!). NOW I'M DONE!
Oh, sure you are... :)

I asked and Bennington said they are a bit brighter; each set has an additional LED light compared to the basic dock lights (plus, it looks like the SS option has focusing lenses).

You forgot the extended aft as did I.:(

As AuthorizedUser stated on a previous thread.
"From what I've read, it means "Pulled Another Derrick Syndrome." Apparently, Derrick was a member who upgraded his boat (purchased new ones) multiple times in a brief period of time because he became enamored with bigger, better, newer, etc. He seemed to not ever be happy with what he had; he felt the need to upgrade (and probably not in a healthy way!)."

If you want some good reading type pads in the search bar and read some of the threads.

Back