Audiophiles please help

I'm saying if you can afford it, go Wetsounds. Just know that you'll have heavy bass and very weak mids and highs. If you like your music and want to hear everything that goes into the sound, start with a really strong grouping of components so that when you upgrade the rest of your stereo, you'll be well rounded.

If you plan to keep everything else as it is (stock) you'll be just fine with a bazooka tube. Id venture to say that 95% of people can't tell the difference. They just hear/feel the low pressure produced by a big sub. I installed a Bazooka MBT10250 in my golf cart. It hits hard enough to set off car alarms at the pool and durable enough that we've been caught in heavy rainstorms and it never skipped a beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bass I want on my lake is about 3 pounds, and he has gills.

We live on the lake, and subwoofers on boats simply drive us crazy.  We can hear them coming from miles away.  And we can feel the barometric pressure going up and down to the pulsating music.  And real audiophiles don't use'em.

I recognize that boats really need power boosters or high power amps.  But leave the subwoofers off.

And don't forget to play decent music.  Nothing I hate worse than a boat going by playing Ernest Tubb music.

Yes.  I would be glad to let anyone listen to mine.  I am on lake murray in columbia sc.  I am a bit of an audio nut.  Wet Sounds wakeboard speakers are not superior in any way.  Bazooka MT8265 DOUBLE ended Tubbies for a tower ,  10'' m series JL Audio subs , and powering your factory speakers with an amp will blow you away.  I will be glad to give you many peoples names on lake murray to confirm.  LOL  

Yes.  I would be glad to let anyone listen to mine.  I am on lake murray in columbia sc.  I am a bit of an audio nut.  Wet Sounds wakeboard speakers are not superior in any way.  Bazooka MT8265 DOUBLE ended Tubbies for a tower ,  10'' m series JL Audio subs , and powering your factory speakers with an amp will blow you away.  I will be glad to give you many peoples names on lake murray to confirm.  LOL  

Well I will have to beg to differ with you here. There is no comparison between Wet Sounds and Bazooka double whatever for tower speakers. If you have ever been towed behind a boat with a REV410 and some REV10's firing at you, you'll understand.  Don't get me wrong, in the right scenario or on a tighter budget, as Spin said, Bazooka's will work just fine. But I assure you Wet Sounds are far superior. As much as I like to toy with Spinzone, and he with me about JL and Wet Sounds, they are both great products. I personally like the Wet Sounds, and part of that may be the truly hands on approach that Tim takes in his company.  That says a lot. We all sit here and talk about which dealer was the best and that service is worth something, well Wet Sounds is the definition of quality service and caring about their customers. Oh, and I'll be glad to give you people's names that live a block or two from my house to confirm my stereo! Haha :D  

In my previous boat I just sold, I had installed the Polk DB651 and the DB691. I ran them off a Rockford Amp and Pioneer head unit. My SL21 has the stock ugly "Q" series speakers that I will replace with the Polk series.

In all honesty, I have yet to hear a clearer and smoother sounding marine speaker. Obviously an amp helped but man oh man, buy those if you can!!

Back