Awesome Photo's & No B.S!!!

Still green here.

yep, still green in Alabama.

Closed up the camp on Columbus Day, Some shots of the sun rise

Nice shots Link!

Very nice!

Nice pics link.

Thanks to Derrick, I took his advice and bought a camera that shoots RAW and Jpeg simultaneously.  I still learning the RAW, these are the jpegs untouched.  Wanted a very small camera for when we go on vacation Saturday, bought the Canon Powershot S110 

Nice pics Mark .... Hmmm might have to look at that camera !!!!

It's amazing how much more information the RAW stores. It is a lot of work because every picture has to be "worked" before it is presentable, but the extra detail is astounding!  I highly recommend Lightroom, and do a little reading on 'histograms' they can tell you a lot about your picture, but most of all, enjoy it. We have so many pictures that will never see the light of Facebook or this forum,(all PG you sicko's!!) but we just enjoy taking them!For those wanting a nice little DSLR, the Nikon D5200 is a nice little unit, pair it up with maybe their 18-200 lens and either a wide angle or a prime or two and you are set!

The Canon came with a software package that includes software for adjustment of raw and you can get into it with a simple one click auto adjustment or totally manual.  I am not a camera buff and not interested in all the effects just want to take some decent pix.  The pix above are only the jpegs with no enhancement done at all and I may be pleased with just doing that brcause it does take such better pix than my old $100 camera.  I also wanted a camera small enough that I can just stick it in my pocket, therefore no lens changes or anything.  It was only $349. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My next camera will be a gopro. I love still shots but currently my life is being captured in still shots. It would be nice to get some video.

Word on the street is I'm getting a gopro for Xmas, Santa called and wanted to make sure he got the right one. Haha, only bad thing about videos,  what do you do with them after? I took video of the Grey Cup football game(ok, I took video of the cheerleaders at the Grey Cup football game) back in 2004, I have yet to take it off of our digital video camera, and it has never been looked at since! Same goes for any video I took on our DSLR. It just sits there doing nothing. Sure the odd one made it to Facebook, guess we'll see when I get the gopro. 

As for the RAW, I suggest looking at the picture you have in jpg, then opening the RAW file and take a look at the differences. The place you will see it the most is in brights and darks. Jpg will say "this is all black" whereas RAW will show all the different levels of black and the detail of say the leaves in the silhouette more. Oh, and spend money on a good memory card, at least a Class 10. The faster the read and write of the memory card, the sooner your camera is ready to shoot again. I have a 32G SanDisk Extreme Pro card and it is fast, not to mention it's like freeze proof, waterproof, temp proof and xray proof!

Derrick,

Just upload to YouTube or Vimeo, etc .....That way it's still might just sitting somewhere but at least others can watch the "game" ........ I have thousands of pictures on probably 10 plus memory cards. Thing is they take up no space. My mom has photo albums with hundreds of pics and they take up space AND are probably deteriorating from age (40 plus years). It's fun to pop a card in the tv and look back 8 years or so instead of dragging out a big heavy book.

By the way, card might not be as fast, but have you ever used EyeFi cards? I have a couple.

Take pics and it wirelessly uploads to computer when you are within wireless distance to PC when camera is powered up.

http://www.eye.fi

Semp, the Powershot camera has wireless connectivity built into it and allows you to not only connect to computer and printers and also will connect to web services such as this forum, smartphones and even to other Canon cameras to share pictures

Semper mentioned his mother having albums and albums of pics. That's us PLUS hundreds and hundreds of hours of VHS and VHS-C video of the kids and vacations and stuff..............Gotta get around to putting them on a CD or on a card somehow..............suggestions???????

Semp, the Powershot camera has wireless connectivity built into it and allows you to not only connect to computer and printers and also will connect to web services such as this forum, smartphones and even to other Canon cameras to share pictures

Sweeet !!

Semper mentioned his mother having albums and albums of pics. That's us PLUS hundreds and hundreds of hours of VHS and VHS-C video of the kids and vacations and stuff..............Gotta get around to putting them on a CD or on a card somehow..............suggestions???????

Daril,

Just buy a economical DVD recorder and plug the camera or vcr video out to recorder and burn the dvd. I did this with some VHS-C videos I had from England.

I'd burn some duplicates just in case.

Depending on your computer and with some software (maybe already installed?) you can do it through that too. Worst case you can buy the hardware to do it.

http://vhs-to-dvd-converters-review.toptenreviews.com/

OR get a dvd recorder/vhs combo unit. Just verify it will record from tape to dvd. This one will. Pricey, but still cheaper than having them done.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/multiformat-dvd-r-rw-r-rw-recorder-vcr-combo-with-hd-upconversion/9642774.p?id=1218136061726&skuId=9642774&st=dvd recorder vhs&cp=1&lp=9

By the way, you just reminded me of a good winter project ......

Back