Battery operated illuminated cup holders

dmctruby

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of illuminated cup holders. I was lazy and didn't want to hassle with wiring. I do plan to also do speaker lights, but those are easier as you have the power source at the speaker already.

So, the cup holders at $38 a pair were not cheap, but I will say its a very nice product. 4 AAA batteries go into the bottom side, you pull out the stock cup holder and push these in. Very simple. I am running a test now to see how long they run on the batteries. So far they have been on24hrs and no sign of dimming yet. Since I am not out after dark all that often, if I can get 40 hrs of use on one set of batteries that would work for me.

Not sure what the forum rules are here. I can post where I purchased them if anyone is curious. I have the receipt down stairs and can post order info later. I am in no way affiliated with the company. First time I ever used them and I am very pleased with how quickly they shipped and the quality of the product. I can't say how they will hold up as it's winter here , and I am testing them in the garage in one of the portable cup holders I took out of the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The battery opperated cup holders seem like a "Quick Fix"

Our boat has 6 cup holder rings. Im not gonna go around and turn 6 cup holder rings On and Off everytime we get in and out of the boat.

The extra effort of hard wireing the cup holders and speakers (for rings) will pay off.

And the price of $38 each is more than the hard wire factory style costs.

Just my opinion but if your gonna or want to add lit cup holders go with the hard wire style.

That way you have 1 switch that turns them all on or off

Last bit of advice is go with RGB (multi color) LEDs that way you can pick and choose what color you like

They were $38 for a pair, so $19 each shipped. I currently have them on, so going on 70 hours of continuous use and the lite looks pretty near 100% still. I don't argue that hard wiring is the best solution, but for me the ease of just popping them in, plus the fact that I can turn them on & off indivudually was a plus for me. If I am out with a fully loaded boat I would turn all 6 on, but if I am out with just a few friends and family I would probably only turn on what I was using. I plan to hardwire the speaker rings lights, and at some point it gets a bit much with everything turned on. There is a micro switch under the lip so it very easy to turn then on/off. Not sure if they have a multi color option, I prefer all blue light so that is what I got.

The battery opperated cup holders seem like a "Quick Fix"

Our boat has 6 cup holder rings. Im not gonna go around and turn 6 cup holder rings On and Off everytime we get in and out of the boat.

The extra effort of hard wireing the cup holders and speakers (for rings) will pay off.

And the price of $38 each is more than the hard wire factory style costs.

Just my opinion but if your gonna or want to add lit cup holders go with the hard wire style.

That way you have 1 switch that turns them all on or off

Last bit of advice is go with RGB (multi color) LEDs that way you can pick and choose what color you like

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had trouble with any wiring and one of my lights went out, I might consider that as an alternative to taking the whole boat to the dealer based on that price. Mine are blue as well. I didn't know multi-color was an option. BAH! :angry:

Back