Below Freezing??

steve491

Reaction score
Have a 24' SBRX with a 115 Yamaha (2014). It's dry docked unless we're on the lake. Around here in Charlotte NC it might only sit for 2 months in the winter time, it might get in the 70s in December so we're on the lake. The way it sits the engine is not all the way down. I've seen where everyone suggests the engine be vertical so everything drains. Where could water potentially lay if the engine is tilted back slightly (see picture)? I'll put a bag over the exhaust if it's going to rain/snow and then freeze.
Thanks in advance.IMG_1162.JPG

If engine was tilted down all the way when boat removed from water and then put in that position after it was removed from water you should be fine. If it was in that position or tilted more up when it was removed from water, I think it still has some water in it which is not good for freezing conditions.

Where's your boatel/dry storage located?

Lake Norman Marina
When we first moved here we inquired about keeping our boat there but we were told that there wasn't enough room between the outer pontoons and the engine pod of our I/O for the forklifts to fit in to be able to pick it. So we ended up renting a slip from our neighbor. We still get our fuel there. Great group of guys

When we first moved here we inquired about keeping our boat there but we were told that there wasn't enough room between the outer pontoons and the engine pod of our I/O for the forklifts to fit in to be able to pick it. So we ended up renting a slip from our neighbor. We still get our fuel there. Great group of guys
Definitely a great bunch of guys there. We live 10 minutes away and it's in the water before we get there.
I thought you might be our neighbor a couple of spots down. The boat name is Kahuna-toon.

Back