Bennington 24SCWX Configuration; opinions welcome!

azray007

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I took a test ride on a Bennington 24SCWX with a Yamaha 200 triple toon today.  The purpose of the ride was to see if the 200 was worth the cost over a 150 for me.  So far I have been totally focused on the SSRX layout.  After riding around on the vessel for a bit, the SCWX layout began to grow on me.  The color on the SCWX is right and the in-floor storage is included.  I'm missing the blackout package and it's not a premium model.  For those who have the SCWX layout, I would appreciate any feedback you might have.  I believe I may be making an offer as early as tomorrow.  (For a custom boat order, my dealer can't get me one until the second week of August.  My wife and I simply don't want to wait that long if at all possible.)   Thanks for your opinions!

Don't they have a Blacked out S model in the showroom?!?  I swear we saw one last time we were there........

I'm starting to think someone goes into the showroom way to much! And you know that that can be expensive.

Haha you're right bob! Every time we go to the other side of the lake (where the Benny dealer is) the car mysteriously turns into the parking lot. My wife loves a couple boats in that showroom but they're ridiculously expensive. One is over $100000 and the other one is $79000. Nothing wrong with our boat!

He might be going to New Hope Marine in Gastonia.

I like the scwx layout more so than the ssrx. Why? Because I am 6'4" and don't like how the rear lounges start to curve in. If we didn't have the sslx we would have been on the scwx. What did you think of the 200? 

azray007

We have a 22'SCWX. We have the recliner rear facing loungers and love them for water sport viewing. The seats are super comfortable reclined or upright. We also have two captains chairs midship. We have not found any negatives to this layout.

azray007

We have a 22'SCWX. We have the recliner rear facing loungers and love them for water sport viewing. The seats are super comfortable reclined or upright. We also have two captains chairs midship. We have not found any negatives to this layout.

We have the same recliners and my wife wants her name stitched on one... well if she had it her way both./gallery/album_833/gallery_6882_833_64720.jpg

Awesome feedback and positive!!  Yes, I'm working with New Hope Marine in Gastonia.  Both them and Lake Norman Marina have been great to work with.  I originally bought my boat from New Hope Marine and since I've taken such good care of my three year old boat they're actually giving me an outrageously good trade allowance.  Brent, Willie, and Karen are all fantastic to work with.  (That said, Logan at Lake Norman Marina has been awesome as well.)  I personally like New Hope, it's nice to walk into a business and you know everyone and they know you...even the mechanics.  :)

On the black, I love it, but my wife does not.  I took her to see a boat that I thought she would love yesterday, but that went terribly wrong...  No grey, black, or blackout package for her.  The boat we're looking at now is the color she wanted, which is  Regatta blue with a champaign accent, and sandstone interior.  Thank goodness that would be my second choice, but with a blackout package. :)  Blackout package or 200 motor...I'll go with the 200 and a happy wife.

As for that 200...sold!  It was a great fast quiet ride.  In the wind with the bimini up we  could easily hit 42.  Definitely love the 200 but in all honestly, if it came down to price, I could to be just as happy with the 150.  Both are great setups on a 24ft Benny with performance package.  I think a 115 would be a little "light" for my liking and boating needs.

Thank you everyone for the great feedback.  If the numbers look good, I might be an official part of the family much sooner than expected!  Then I too will have to figure out how to post pictures of my boat and get credited for the 7 year warranty from being a part of the forum.  

Sounds like you found yourself a boat!!!!!! And Regatta blue is the best color!!!!!!

Thank you "lakeliving".  I just got up and left my office for a minute and missed my boat dealer's call.  The anticipation is killing me!  :)  

You're good!  Yes, that's the boat I'm looking at.  Now, I'm working to get all the pennies I can out of my piggy bank.  :)

Look in your kids too....They won't miss it when they're on the boat.

Great suggestion...I believe we've found all the pennies and are heading to sign some papers after work today...this afternoon is really going to drag...  :)   If not for a very important meeting, I'd be out on the water by nightfall!  I'll be posting pic's soon along with a lot of aftermarket lights and audio equipment.  Now the fun begins!

I guess a congratulations is in order!!!!! Can't wait to see some photos once it is officially yours and off the lot with a 200 hanging out back. Make sure in your deal they include a reliance 15 pitch stainless prop with the sds hub. Trust me.

You're good!  Yes, that's the boat I'm looking at.  Now, I'm working to get all the pennies I can out of my piggy bank.  :)

Sounds like you better leave the rattling money in the piggy bank, and get that money that you can fold.

Congrats!! Looks like a very nice boat!  The downfall to ordering one vs. buying one off the lot is the long wait!!  

Looking forward to the pics!!

Congrats on the new boat. I really like that fast back they have there.

Back