Bennington administrators question

sparkdr220

Reaction score
I know you guys are not part of the outboard manufacturers, however I could not find an email contact on their wedsite. Do you know why the Yamaha manual recomends using an oil extractor? I am just curious why they don't say anything about using the drain plug.

Thanks in advance.

I know you guys are not part of the outboard manufacturers, however I could not find an email contact on their wedsite. Do you know why the Yamaha manual recomends using an oil extractor? I am just curious why they don't say anything about using the drain plug.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Spark,

Yamaha, just like Bennington, will refer you to a reputable dealer to answer your questions. In this case, a certified Yamaha dealer. Both of our companies sell and service through a dealer network. Please contact your dealer for help! TB :)

Check out the Yamaha outboard forums on Iboat.com or continuouswave.com. Plenty of information there about changing the oil on a Yamaha F115. If you change the oil in your car, you can surely handle this. It's very straightforward and simple if you're at all mechanically inclined. Just remove the drain plug to drain the oil and remove the oil filter. You may want to stuff a few rags around the filter to soak up any spilled oil. It took me all of 20 minutes to change the oil in my brothers F115. It really can't get any simpler other than paying your dealer way too much to do it.

I would never think of using an oil extractor when it's this easy to do it correctly.
I agree. Changing the oil is very easy. I just wasen't sure why the manual recomended using an oil extractor and made no mention of using the drain plug. After talking to a Yamaha dealers mechanic I will use the drain plug. Thanks for the forum info. There is also some good info on you tube.

Back