Bennington Flag Pole

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Has anyone found the Bennington Flag Pole that mounts on the rear of the boat any where but dealer? How about mounting the pole? Easy?

Just order it from your dealer.  How much are you going to save by buying it direct?  The quality of the Bennington Flag pole was so much superior to what I saw at West Marine and even at a local flag store it just wasn't worth saving $10.  It also helps to solidify your relationship with your dealer

So does giving him a hand....

My inlaws r has the mount and they never use the flag. Looked sturdy though and I heard it comes with a nice flag too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the pole and mount 

Bought from the Dealer

Having it mounted this year 

I hope I don't regret mounting it 

Last year we tied it to the Bimini Top 

I am hoping I don't trip on it when securing mooring cover this season

109270375.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of one mounted?

I have one on my boat...factory from the dealer.  It's a total pain in the a$$ thought where it's mounted (starboard stern) because that's the same side that the boat is docked up to so no way you can have people safely get on/off the boat with that thing there.  I have been trying and trying to figure out a better system and I'm all ears (eyes) if someone hass any better ideas (sorry not trying to hijack this thread).  I'll look for a photo of mine mounted.

Here's the only I found so far but it's not really good because it doesn't show where exactly it's mounted....I'll keep looking though:

gallery_300_298_1953486.png

Here's a better one but again it doesn't show the actual mount...not sure I even have a pic of that.

gallery_300_298_29013.jpg

here's mine:

I know, I know...... these are not cheap but they are quailty and you won't find a better set up.

Yeah I looked into them last year but I don't see how/where I can install that on my boat....otherwise I would do it.  I don't have that same railing so I don't think it will work for me.

I know, I know...... these are not cheap but they are quailty and you won't find a better set up.

Actually I like that they have that low profile, My Bennington ones stand a couple of inches tall. You set the flag in and then slide one of those u cotter pins thru the holes to lock it in place. 

Also decided I like the look of two flags, one on each side

I have seen Tony's (Toon'r) boat and those flag mounts are awesome - very high quality and sturdy with the added advantage of being flat with a profile that will not hurt your foot when you step on it getting in and to of the boat.

Jack

I look around my Lake and can say there is not one pontoon with a flag on it 

That alone has me worried about mounting the flag

I may just keep the flag secured to the structure of the bimini

That way it stays out of the way and eliminates the trip potential

112382142.jpg

I just have one small Key West Conch Republic flag I fly from my bimini light pole.

How spendy are these mounts? I really like the look of those.

first time to post and im talking flags...LOVE IT!  Just bought a '03 2575 RL and we've had the family out every weekend, rain and shine.  college kids want big flags and we've bought an american flag and university flag for the back.  both are 3'x5' and look great tied to bimini top.  i want a better system and have looked at several options including drilling in bottom rail to support a bottom bracket that id jimmy rig.  theres got to be a better way that my simple mind wont figure out to plant 2 flag poles on the back without attaching them to bimini.  dont want to create any undue stress on frame, etc.  I dont have a platform on port side because it has the double lounge on back.  It does have a corner cleat, so there might be some room.  Bennington mounts look good, just not sure i have room for that.  any help is appreciated, spending way too much time on this forum already!

Spending too much time here is called FADS. Forum Addiction Syndrome. Happens right before PADS.

Congrats on your first post!

Here are some pictures of flying my new Bennington Flag

Come on everyone.. LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY!!!!!!!

Back