Bennington flooring options

20140823_152252_zpspsgt782d.jpg

LOL only reason I recalled the number was I took a photo of the 100 hour mark, and immediately after that the nephews started tubing. So when we docked I checked to see how long we had been out... 4.3 hours. Those were two tired boys! The 11 year old fell asleep on the tailgate of the truck waiting for me to put the cover on the boat. (10 minutes)

We have seagrass in the aft of the boat and carpet upfront......actually sitting at the sandbar in the afternoon the carpet is hotter than the seagrass.  What we really like is how easy to clean the seagrass is.  We had my cousin down to the lake a couple of weeks ago and their two boys brought cookies with those nice sprinkles on top to munch on (yeah I wan't to impressed with a 4 and 5 year old eating these on the boat) but we told them they had to go to the back of the boat if they wanted to eat them.  Yeah there were a few sprinkles on the floor and they did get wet after we went swimming but they cleaned right up with a little water and a brush....no stains and no remains.  I would have hated to see what the carpet would have looked like if they ate up front.

I'm sold on the seagrass and if I could do it over again I would opt for full seagrass and forget the carpet all together.  It dries fast and water just runs off it....makes it real nice on the swimdeck as the water just rolls off the back deck.

Our dogs lay on the seagrass over the carpet so I'm guessing it's cooler.

DSC01212_zps407579a0.jpg

just went through the same question and after talking to a lot of people opted for the seagrass teak. looks great easy to clean feels great.

We have the aqua teak and it's absolutely fantastic.  Closeup, it's clear that it's just vinyl, but from afar it looks very nice.  We purchased dealer stock, so I wasn't initially happy with how it looked because I prefer the darker color, but I have to say that it has grown on me.  We pulled up to a sandbar with some friends a couple of weeks ago and between kids and dogs getting on and off the boat, they dragged a ton of sand up and down the deck.  Took about 60 seconds with a garden hose after we got back to clean the deck.  More photos in my gallery.

gallery_5065_691_3928.jpg

I have heard from dealers that the faux teak vinyl floor does tend to hold the dirt and create "paths" after awhile. I just ordered a boat and opted for the woven (seagrass) teak. feels great and being a bit of a traditionalist I love the marine look of a teak and holly floor. Any comments on the rub rails? my dealer is talking me into the alum (im in a salt water area) rather than the rubber rub rail type. I have always had the rubber ril on my conventional hulled boats.

how does that 150 move your boat? how are you doing with gas consumption? Very nice boat

How much is it to change the flooring from carpet to anything else but carpet?

New boat??? Old boat??
I don’t think carpets even an option anymore.

Yeah I have a 2014 pontoon. Of course a year or two later they stopped using carpet.

Yeah I have a 2014 pontoon. Of course a year or two later they stopped using carpet.

If you can do it yourself, figure about $2000-2500 for flooring and materials. If you have someone else do it, then figure double to triple that price (because of profit margins on parts/materials and labor rates).

Bennington uses Infinity Woven Vinyl Flooring, and you can buy it from various marine and flooring dealers. Lots of styles, designs, and colors to choose from.

We be the sea grass and it always looks nice. Easy to maintain. it Gets warm if you are not moving.

Last edited:
We are replacing the seat upholstery on the big boat this winter. I was talking to the Bennington dealer Friday and asked about replacing the carpet. He told me that the carpet in glued down. The glue has to be sanded off. all the fencing has to be removed. He stated that it is easier and cheaper to replace the plywood. I told Jill, we will clean the carpet when the seats are removed. Jill said lets buy a new boat with the seagrass already on it. :oops:

We had the stock vinyl on our boat when we got it. Really did not like. Luckily we had issues with it or unluckily however you want to look at it so we had to send it back to the bennington factory during the winter after the first year on the water. The guy there was really pretty cool about it and told us he would put what ever flooring we wanted on it. We went around and checked as much as we could and decided on the seagrass. I will tell you what 3 years later and over 250 hours on the water it is holding up great. Does not get to hot and is not at all slippery when wet. Best decision we made and just not even comparable to the stock vinyl.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the seagrass and the bamboo flooring? Is it the same material just a different pattern or is it a different material? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the seagrass and the bamboo flooring? Is it the same material just a different pattern or is it a different material? Thanks in advance.

Their all the same vinyl material, just a different woven design.

Back