Bennington "font" specific registration numbers/letters

Spoonman

Reaction score
I did this for my Mastercraft and it turned out really well.  Attached is a link (I'm sure there are others as well), that provided registration numbers and letters in the same font as the Bennington wordmark on our boats.   Here is the link to the site that I found...

http://shop.domednumbers.com/products/benningtonusaregistration

I know, OCD, but what the heck.  I'll probably do the chrome or white letters/numbers against my black panel, or go black/chrome vs. my white lower stripe on my RSFB.  Looks reallly good when all of the fonts match.

If any of y'all have already done this to your Benny's, post up a pic and let's see them.

I have those on mine.  They also made me a couple of Bennington decals for my truck.

/monthly_2016_04/large.56fea4596d7ea_DomedNumbersPort.JPG.b087ffe7c43e5f4d86a69431af43205a.JPG/monthly_2016_04/large.56fea45761cc2_DomedNumbersclose-up.JPG.3c670fce91855e8f4ee3297ab9084f59.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered mine today. I hear good things about this place. 

I just ordered mine today. I hear good things about this place. 

Don't forget to post a pic when you get them installed....

I ordered mine last month and they just shipped in recently. Taking them up to my dealership next weekend so they can put them on the new pontoon when they rig it next month. It may be a small detail, but I figured what the heck.  I ordered a beautiful boat, might as well try to coordinate some sharp looking registration numbers on it too to complete the look.

There not cheap but they look damn good on the boat.

My wife just kind of shook her head when she saw I spent $70 on registration numbers for the boat.  It's all good though.  I just blame all of you for these things.  :lol:

My wife just kind of shook her head when she saw I spent $70 on registration numbers for the boat.  It's all good though.  I just blame all of you for these things.  :lol:

If your wife goes to a "Hair Salon", just tell her it cost less than her visit, and you don't have to replace them every month or two .....  :D

I also got the Bennington swoop as the hypen in the numbers. I will have to post pics tomorrow.

gallery_6677_774_216938.jpg

I'm in the process of designing a boat wrap for my 24SSL.  As I'm learning, images for boat wraps need to be VERY HIGH RESOLUTION - 5,000 x 5,000 px or more.  All the designs will include the Bennington swoosh logo, so I reached out to Bennington, who were kind enough to point me to their high-resolution library of all their graphics.

I'm also going to be using the raised dome lettering that I did before from domednumbers.com for all the relief lettering, boat numbers, etc.  Not sure which color I'll uses this time (last time I used black chrome), but I'm still a few weeks away from having to make that decision.  The domed letters are simply amazing.

222048-albums8856-picture93339.jpg

Here's one of the designs that includes the Bennington Swoosh.  That swoosh is about 6' in length, so you can't just use a .jpg image or you'll have very fuzzy edges.  The background is a high-resolution Yellowfin Tuna Skin.  The skin image pushes to 15' wide x 3' tall, so I shouldn't have any seams.

The Bennington Swoosh drawings are vector drawings, which allow you to basically push the size as large as you want.

Can't wait to see it

Can't you have your wrap guy print out the Reg numbers onto or into the wrap. 

The wrap is cool. Can I give you some free advise if it's not to late. 

And innoticed your using the older "B" logo innthe center of your boat. The new updated B" logo is shorter and longer so it would fit on your wrap and boat better. 

Last but not least. The bennington font is very unique. Domed numbers is using a font that's close but pretty far off In my opinion. If bennington would share that font with Domed Numbers that would be awesome. 

My other boat is a Nautique. They used a font that Domed Numbers was able to get ahold of. The Reg Numbers are a Dead on match. 

Hi MrG,

I thought about simply printing the numbers on the wrap, but really like the domed look.  Same thing for the Bennington lettering; I'm spending a couple thousand to pretty up the boat, so I don't mind spending a few hundred more to complete the look.  

I like the look of the domed numbers - especially the black chrome - so I'm planning on doing it anywhere I put text; if the font isn't an exact match that's OK; it will all be the same throughout the boat.  I like the idea of seeing if I can get Bennington to release the font so that I can use it on the domed letters.

UPDATE: Bennington gave me their font, so I have it.  The font is Aviano Serif Black (Regular, Light, Bold, Black)

Definitely worth a few extra bucks to us OCD types....

TCP that's great that you got the font. 

Hopfully Domed Numbers can update as well. I originally had the domed numbers but I switched them out for these. They are raised chrome letters. The font in not right but I thought they matched the stock raised chrome bennington logo better.

EE49F706-6B47-4B24-92EC-4AD53D71D53D_zpslnixwpk7.jpg
DE2C64BA-EC6B-41D7-87E7-65800A47D138_zpsibvdkidz.png

here is a Tip. When installing your new numbers. If you raise them to the same height as the stock bennington logo I think it sits 2 inches above the lower rail. If you mount the letters on the same imaginary line it seems to flow better

Of corse the registration numbers need to be 3 inches tall so the stock bennington font is short and wide I wonder how it's gonna look after they make them 3 tall.

Hi MrG,

I thought about simply printing the numbers on the wrap, but really like the domed look. Same thing for the Bennington lettering; I'm spending a couple thousand to pretty up the boat, so I don't mind spending a few hundred more to complete the look.

I like the look of the domed numbers - especially the black chrome - so I'm planning on doing it anywhere I put text; if the font isn't an exact match that's OK; it will all be the same throughout the boat. I like the idea of seeing if I can get Bennington to release the font so that I can use it on the domed letters.

UPDATE: Bennington gave me their font, so I have it. The font is Aviano Serif Black (Regular, Light, Bold, Black)

TCP, I know this is an old post. You have the actual, complete font, from Bennington? Did they place any restrictions on it's use? Can you share it?

Back