Bennington How To Videos, bimini top?

BRider

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 22 SSRX Tritoon. I have been looking for some Bennington How to videos. My pontoon has a double bimini. I have it up double but can't remember exactly how to unzip front part and but in the storage boot. I will say the Bennington Mooring Cover is great with the clips to take on and off. We store our boat in the water at our fresh water lake boat dock. It is very easy to take on and off while the boat is in the water at our dock. We want this boat to stay new looking as long as possible. Any suggestions on how to keep that new look? Already used the 303 seat protectant on the seating areas. Purchased an engine cover for my Yamaha F150XB.

Last edited:
I have a double bimini too. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why do you want to take off the front bimini and put it in a storage bag? You should have a "boot" to cover it. Unzip the front bimini from the rear one, fold the rear piece of the front bimini frame forward, and zipper the protective boot closed over the collapsed bimini fabric and frame.

I admit the double bimini has a decent number of moving parts, especially when things are tight and you might have to undo struts. Our dealer did a great job showing us how everything works when we took delivery.

My dealer did also but I have already forgotten. :( I am asking about simply putting in the storage boot not taking it off the boat to put in a storage bag. Bad wording on my part. I edited by post. When I unzipped the front bimini to fold forward the frame looked too high. I will try again. I know it must be simple. I know the dealers do a great job on this stuff but would believe Bennington should have how to videos covering these types of issues.

Here's a pic from when the dealer was showing us. It's not a pretty process as you can see there is a lot of loose fabric. We just loosely lay the open boot on top of the frame and roll up or otherwise stuff the bimini in the boot, zippering a bit at a time as we stuff some more. It can be done by 1 person, but it helps to have someone roll up the bimini just ahead of the person zippering.

Might I add something to the Bimini care process? When you leave your boat, keep the Bimini in the "taller" position so that the angle of the protective boot won't catch blowing rain. I experience some mildew on my first Benny because I had left it in the lower angled position before a heavy, blowing rain. It was a while before I used it again, and to my surprise, the moisture caused the mildew problem. It looks like you might have yours under a cover, so this is if you do leave it out. Congrats on the new boat.

Just purchased a new 22 SSRX Tritoon. I have been looking for some Bennington How to videos. My pontoon has a double bimini. I have it up double but can't remember exactly how to unzip front part and but in the storage boot. I will say the Bennington Mooring Cover is great with the clips to take on and off. We store our boat in the water at our fresh water lake boat dock. It is very easy to take on and off while the boat is in the water at our dock. We want this boat to stay new looking as long as possible. Any suggestions on how to keep that new look? Already used the 303 seat protectant on the seating areas. Purchased an engine cover for my Yamaha F150XB.

Hi BRider,

Here is a link to a video from Captain's Choice Marine - Bennington S- Series Delivery Video 2018:
. I found it when I was researching my Bennington purchase. At about the two minute mark, it shows how to collapse the regular bimini (realize you asked about the double, but maybe this will help a little) and put the boot on with just one person - the guy makes it look easy! It also has some general overview info including information on upholstery cleaning/cleaning products and how to hook up your Bluetooth to the Kicker radio, etc.

I think this is a great customer service video from this dealer. I really appreciated finding this info. on line. Thanks, Captain's Choice!

Speaking of finding info on line, another dealer has a lot of great videos that explain the different Bennington lines and options and that also previews lots of colors - maybe someone can post the link below in a better place for those who are researching options/builds/colors. It was really helpful to me as I was building my boat. The videos were lots better than a catalog picture and the guy narrating did a great job of pointing out some of the differences in different models. They have several videos where the narrator (he must be at a Bennington boat show) walks around lots of different new Bennington pontoon models identifying colors and pointing out options. At the time I was ordering my boat, I had trouble finding 2018 models to see live and in person and was struggling to pick out colors from the catalog.

Thanks, Gotcha Covered Marine! Here's the link to their video library https://www.youtube.com/user/gotchaboat/videos

Neither of these are my dealer - they are both in SC and I am not trying to advertise for anyone. They just both have good information out there for the public to see. Guess there are lots of Benningtons being sold in SC!

Good luck with the new pontoon!

Hi BRider,

Here is a link to a video from Captain's Choice Marine - Bennington S- Series Delivery Video 2018:
. I found it when I was researching my Bennington purchase. At about the two minute mark, it shows how to collapse the regular bimini (realize you asked about the double, but maybe this will help a little) and put the boot on with just one person - the guy makes it look easy! It also has some general overview info including information on upholstery cleaning/cleaning products and how to hook up your Bluetooth to the Kicker radio, etc.

I think this is a great customer service video from this dealer. I really appreciated finding this info. on line. Thanks, Captain's Choice!

Speaking of finding info on line, another dealer has a lot of great videos that explain the different Bennington lines and options and that also previews lots of colors - maybe someone can post the link below in a better place for those who are researching options/builds/colors. It was really helpful to me as I was building my boat. The videos were lots better than a catalog picture and the guy narrating did a great job of pointing out some of the differences in different models. They have several videos where the narrator (he must be at a Bennington boat show) walks around lots of different new Bennington pontoon models identifying colors and pointing out options. At the time I was ordering my boat, I had trouble finding 2018 models to see live and in person and was struggling to pick out colors from the catalog.

Thanks, Gotcha Covered Marine! Here's the link to their video library https://www.youtube.com/user/gotchaboat/videos

Neither of these are my dealer - they are both in SC and I am not trying to advertise for anyone. They just both have good information out there for the public to see. Guess there are lots of Benningtons being sold in SC!

Good luck with the new pontoon!

Thanks. The link is fantastik as a reminder. I wish it also included folding down the front bimini and putting up in the storage boot. My dealer also went through all of this but video reminders are a great tool. Honestly Bennington should have these available online at some point. We love our new Bennington and are still in the first 20 hour motor break in period. We leave our tritoon in the water beside our boat dock but it is uncovered. We keep the mooring cover on when not in use but need to start taking down the tops into the boots when not in use.

Back