Bennington owners cribs

Yes, it's a feature our builder uses  in some of his designs to give the house a specific look.  We definitely did not want it to look like a subdivision house, so we cut him loose.   I'll post some interior pics shortly.  Can't wait to close on this baby.  Only downside is another mortgage:)

That roof line tripped me out too when I saw it, but by looks of the build overall it's top notch! and you have an artistic architect which is awesome for custom homes outside of your PUD (planned urban development) homes.   Im in Michigan also so the boathouse is out of the question...  Nobody loves mortgages, but rates are still pretty good right now.  I've worked at Quicken Loans for well over a decade so If you (or anyone here) needs assistance with that matter in any way shape or form just send me a private message.  I'll be glad to help, or at least offer honest advice.  Congrats! 

Beautiful job! That ramp looks like a suspension bridge.it's so long.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WOW! You wouldn't be able to have a dock that big on Norman. We're limited to 1200 sg ft which if you have a roof, that space is included. That's why our dock has one side more narrow than the other. Our walkway, ramp and dock is 1200 sq ft.

Here is our lake house under construction down on Smith Lake in Alabama.  Hopefully it will be done around the end of April.  Bought the land in May of 2016 and started building in August.   Got a slip with a Bennington 23 RSFB's name on it.   

Very nice house and dock you are going to enjoy lake living, particularly with the Bennington!

WOW! You wouldn't be able to have a dock that big on Norman. We're limited to 1200 sg ft which if you have a roof, that space is included. That's why our dock has one side more narrow than the other. Our walkway, ramp and dock is 1200 sq ft.

Alabama Power limits you to 1444 square feet I believe.  It's the largest that you can have on that lake.  They have to approve all locations and then approve all docks once you install them.

The "real" fire pit will be a bit closer to the lake.  That one is where the  excess materials are burnt:)

Yes, it's a feature our builder uses  in some of his designs to give the house a specific look.  We definitely did not want it to look like a subdivision house, so we cut him loose and let him design it with some cool features.   I'll post some interior pics shortly.  Can't wait to close on this baby.  Only downside is another mortgage:)

My 26 yr old sat at my desk and noticed the pics. We have a custom home building company and he does drawings for our company.He really liked the ridge line of the house. He was wondering when on the interior shots. Because he is already playing with some modifications to the look. 

He also suggests a zip line to the water be added! KIDS!!!!

Looks gorgeous, what a nice escape!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm fixing to show my imagination. That rock looks like a cow/bull that's been flattened by something. Look at it for a moment and you'll see the two white eyes, nose, at least one ear, and the body. :D  

I can see it too. Maybe an Ewok, with their littl cloak hoods. There's also kind of a cartoonish creepy face at a 90 degree beside it.

Looking at the clouds I see white rabbit eating a carrot. The carrot is the branch. If I squint I see a polar bear bent over and another one right behind it.

You guys crack me up!! 

Looking at the clouds I see white rabbit eating a carrot. The carrot is the branch. If I squint I see a polar bear bent over and another one right behind it.

I see the rabbit. Good eyes!

Haven't seen any new posts here since March. New members - how about posting your places :)

None of the picture links work for me.
I'm thinking they went away when the forum went to the new format so we need some new pictures.

We won't buy a house until next year so I'll post ours then!

Our new (to us) Sanibel Island home, yes, it's still standing :) It's about 1/2 the size of our current home in Indiana, so we're having to shed a whole lot of stuff.
This is our path to the Gulf of Mexico, maybe a couple hundred steps from the house. You can see why we were just a bit concerned with Irma.
We are at the end of a dead end street on the bottom, right behind those 2 gold townhouses on the right. We also have a rental condo in the pink 4 building complex right next door in the middle, so our kids can stay there and we can also use all the amenities at any time - pool, tennis, bikes, beach, etc.

Sanibel Island is beautiful, Nice move TomS

Yes very nice Tom!!! Visited there when we stayed in Naples a couple years ago.....Beautiful area!

Congrats on the new place. Looks a lot warmer than IN. I don't think I could live off the water though (as in no dock and boat right there)

Back