Bennington owners cribs

Looks like heaven!

WOW, great pix Carl.  Did you grab that off Google Earth

Thanks guys. The pic was taken by a friend who was working on and event in town and took this when he flew over the house. He told the chopper pilot to turn around, that's Carl and Suzis' house.

Dang Carl, that looks like a perfect tranquil retreat. 

Very nice Carl.

Nice picture Carl.  That's what I'll be looking for when I retire!

Heres a couple of pics of our summer home in Colon,MI

20130621_134328.jpg

20130620_061407.jpg

So how many nice bass have you caught in front of the house?

Our abode...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So how many nice bass have you caught in front of the house?
Several, our lake does pretty good but they do have a lot of tournaments during the summer  

Dave

Gorgeous house Jpzeroday.  My wife is very into gardens; 3 huge berms around the perimeter and gardens completely around our pool [although my pool doesn't have that gorgeous rock waterfall :p  ] She takes a lot of pride in her gardens so I went through the entire gardens with low voltage halogen up lighting.  Bought it at Loews and was surprised at how inexpensive and easy it was to do and the effect is dramatic

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is our lake house. It is about 40 stairs down to lake but we have a deck, dock and a 10 by 20 foot "garage" down by the water, with a room over it. Great for the water toys

I can't seem to get the picture into my post, but it is in my gallery.?!

gallery_4595_429_48819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks beautiful up on the hill.

Thanks. We love the view and seem to always get a nice breeze coming up from the lake that also keeps the bugs at bay.

Fixed it for ya, and nice place.

On Saturday 04/05 at 11:30, we got the deed to the lake house at Lake Cumberland.  Jill's grandfather built the house in the 60's and lived there full time during retirement with her grandmother.  We have done the maintenance on it since her parents inherited the house.  We have been talking to them about taking over the house and taking all the responsibilities.  They agreed this year.  We went to open the house last weekend.  The water lines had not drained properly {by me :( } and I spend Saturday on my back in the crawl space and removing paneling to repair water lines.  The house was built as a summer place and added on to multiple times.  Our plan is to level it and build new in the next couple years.  I want to create a no stairs floor plan from the parking into the house.   The CoE owns the Lake.  We own to a defined elevation which puts our property line about 150' above the water level.  We get nice views of the 100 mile long lake.  Docks go in on 4/25 and we will launch the boat on 5/3

Glad for you Bruce. I also live on a Core of Engineers lake and own to 150 ft from the high water mark if that makes sense. I also have a place that started out less than 500sq.ft. but has been added onto twice. They don't allow us to have private docks on Dale Hollow like they do on Cumberland.

Back