Bennington owners cribs

Congrats Bruce. Beautiful view

They don't allow us to have private docks on Dale Hollow like they do on Cumberland.
We had a private dock back in the day and it was right below the house with 200 ft of cliffs to climb with coolers and skis.  Jill's mom fell once and slid about 30 ft.  It was really dangerous.  In the 80's the CoE allowed community docks and there are 4 docks with 24 slips each at the ramp about a mile from the house.  We take the golf cart to the boat. The personal docks were grandfathered in but if it gets in disrepair or hung-up on the shore they pull the permit permanently.  We gave ours up as soon as we got a slip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning!

Very nice!!

Nice! With a home like that let's get some info on your toon!

Yamaha 150 on the 2375 GCW. I added a lot of LED lighting options, palm carpeting,

Elevated helm, Electric curved Bimini, underwater lights, side lights, sharkhide, etc..  Not sure what all I got.

I do know that I can't wait for it to arrive.

Sounds like a nice boat. With a 150 I think adding a center toon would make that boat come alive. Sounds like a lot of nice options though.

Sounds like a nice boat. With a 150 I think adding a center toon would make that boat come alive. Sounds like a lot of nice options though.
Could you please explain what you mean by "come alive"?  My other boat always seemed so sluggish

and not very easy to handle. 

Thanks

I think the main reason your prior toon felt sluggish was the motor. We use to have a two toon with lifting strakes and a 115 and it died when adding any weight to the boat. We sold it and ordered a new one with the sps package and yamaha 200. We water tested this combo and it handled great. I'm not familiar with what toon configuration bennington had in 2004 but the current packages have lifting stakes and performance foils. If it is not too late I think sps or esp would really make for a great ride with the 150. I'd check with your dealer and get their thoughts as well. With such a nice boat you want to make sure it is suited to fit your needs.

Welcome to the forum as well. There are some great guys here and everyone has some great info to share from real world boating experience.

102058132.jpg

Lake Home , we think of it as our ski chalet on the lake,

100539731.jpg

Last years project Sea Wall and Rip Rap to dissipate the wakes on the lake.

100539775.jpg

This year I will be redoing the deck , rail and dock  Will use composite flooring and white vinyl railing

The projects never end 

I agree with Andy and I am sure most others will agree that you should at least do and Express Tube, SPS or ESP or you will not be happy. Those three options are designed to add performance, stability and a better ride. I also ordered a new one this year and switched from a two toon to a SPS tri-toon with a 150 hp and expect to be in the upper 30's and low 40's for speed and not lose to much when adding people to the boat, another option is to do twin ellipticals with lifting strakes. These options will allow you to get up on plain more like a flat bottom or v-hull, so there is less drag then just two toons with no strakes.    

Nice House

I agree with Andy and I am sure most others will agree that you should at least do and Express Tube, SPS or ESP or you will not be happy. Those three options are designed to add performance, stability and a better ride. I also ordered a new one this year and switched from a two toon to a SPS tri-toon with a 150 hp and expect to be in the upper 30's and low 40's for speed and not lose to much when adding people to the boat, another option is to do twin ellipticals with lifting strakes. These options will allow you to get up on plain more like a flat bottom or v-hull, so there is less drag then just two toons with no strakes.    

I think the main reason your prior toon felt sluggish was the motor. We use to have a two toon with lifting strakes and a 115 and it died when adding any weight to the boat. We sold it and ordered a new one with the sps package and yamaha 200. We water tested this combo and it handled great. I'm not familiar with what toon configuration bennington had in 2004 but the current packages have lifting stakes and performance foils. If it is not too late I think sps or esp would really make for a great ride with the 150. I'd check with your dealer and get their thoughts as well. With such a nice boat you want to make sure it is suited to fit your needs.

Welcome to the forum as well. There are some great guys here and everyone has some great info to share from real world boating experience.

I added the SPS package today guys.  Thanks for the info.!!

Stormie 

Great Looking Place 

Enjoy your piece of paradise 

89832097.jpg

No matter if it is a castle, lake house, cabin, cottage or camp if it brings you and your family

happiness, enjoyment and creates amazing memories to last a lifetime it is PARADISE !

Sweet you won't regret it!

Back