Bennington prices and model years

Oldchuck

Reaction score
Does it make much difference in price to wait and buy a previous year model after the new model year has come out or does it not make much difference. I know Bennington has a fairly broad range between Invoice and MSRP especially as the prices start going up with higher models and options. Was not sure if waiting for the new models to hit really saves any given that the dealer already has between 3 and 10 grand or more they can play with between Invoice and MSPR..Any words of wisdom?

I've ordered both of mine in the fall. Locked in current year prices on next years model. Prices go up year over year.

Ordered ours in fall. Beat the increase. Dealer starts discounting this years models or offers “dock” around Sept. to move them.

Oh, and the tariffs may affect pricing more than anything going forward.

Thanks for the information.
In the process of liquidating some toys.
Have a 2017 21.5 CC and a Classic '66 Mustang convertible build that I am going to part with as it is time to move on from these and move in another direction. When that happens will move to a Bennington.
Just trying to be well informed on when might be the best time to purchase.
How much do folks think the tariffs might effect the cost?

My dealer usually has a demo that is fully decked out . It is a steal at the end of the season . Check with your local dealers . They may have one that suits your needs

I've been waiting to pull the trigger since March. I was waiting for fall, but several dealers told me price increases were coming due to aluminum prices going up, so I ordered in June. Still getting a 19, so all is good.

Thanks for the information.
In the process of liquidating some toys.
Have a 2017 21.5 CC and a Classic '66 Mustang convertible build that I am going to part with as it is time to move on from these and move in another direction. When that happens will move to a Bennington.
Just trying to be well informed on when might be the best time to purchase.
How much do folks think the tariffs might effect the cost?

I bought mine at a boat show in January, you get a nice discounted package deal there. Cheapest option I found, I ordered my boat too, so it was not one that was in the show.

My dealer offers good prices all year.

My 2018 22SSRX had an MSRP of $53,332. The week before Memorial Day I got it off the showroom floor for $43,044 with an EZ Load dual axle trailer. That also included ropes, anchors, life vests, emergency kit, etc... Felt like a good deal to me even though I wanted a few things I didn't get. I've since added Power Assisted steering and did my own stereo upgrade.

All sound advice. It would seem that given the dealers have a range to work from between Invoice vs MSRP it most likely depends on how many boats the dealer sells and how much they want to come off of the MSRP which is their bottom line.
In Central Florida where we can boat all year and even more comfortably in winter the dealers seem to all stick close to the same price and seem to move every boat they get in..That being said, it does not end up being a bargain for the customer.

Back