Bennington prices?

Fbdrake

Reaction score
I’ve seen old threads mentioning getting up to 30% off new pontoons.
I’m in northern Wisconsin and looking at new Bennington pontoons. Should I wait until fall/winter and order one or buy now and not get a better price than sticker? Can I get 20%-30% off the MSRP price or the sale price?

Thanks in advance

That discount is possible for the higher end pontoons... discount decreases as the MSRP drops to the more affordable Benningtons.

That discount is possible for the higher end pontoons... discount decreases as the MSRP drops to the more affordable Benningtons.

True, but even on the nicer optioned S-series pontoons and tritoons, you can get great savings when ordered in the “off” season.

Your best deals will always come in the off-season, and even more so if you get multiple written quotes from numerous dealers that you engage to compete for your wallet, then take those with you to a major boat show and get your best deal there.

And remember, many dealers take “their” customers first. Don’t get p’d off when you save $1000 somewhere else and your “local” dealer isn’t jumping through hoops to service you. Sometimes saving money costs more in the long run ... just sayin.

Exactly.
Sucks to pay too much.
Sucks far worse to pay too little.

Also, discounts can vary greatly based on dealer volume. You might get a better deal from a high volume dealer, then realize it takes you a month just to get serviced due to large backlog. I know I probably could have saved a couple bucks buying an hour and a half away from my dealer, but the 5 minute distance to my dealer for “issues” is well worth the money I may have “lost”. Plus, my dealers personalities where far better than the “savings” dealer. That in itself was worth the little extra. As I’ve gotten older I’m ok paying for better customer service.

If you order now ,you will get a 2021 model .Also take into consideration the chance of a price increase .

Welcome ! I'm hearing from my Dealer that there are changes coming with the 2021 models,They didn't mention prices,maybe sit tight and see what comes out.

There was a time earlier this spring in Michigan when boating was actually restricted by an executive order. That's past history now, but at that time, the rumor was that our local dealer would sell his boats at cost. I think he was in a bit of a panic mode, since it looks like those with money are spending it, but if you do find a dealership with a large inventory at this time of the season (at least in Michigan), it's probably a good sign they are in a "dealing mood."

I’ve looked around and there doesn’t seem to be much inventory out there. I wouldn’t expect a great deal currently.

Last edited:
There was a time earlier this spring in Michigan when boating was actually restricted by an executive order. That's past history now, but at that time, the rumor was that our local dealer would sell his boats at cost. I think he was in a bit of a panic mode, since it looks like those with money are spending it, but if you do find a dealership with a large inventory at this time of the season (at least in Michigan), it's probably a good sign they are in a "dealing mood."

My dealer sold through 39 new boats, has 11 more on order for this year, and customer ordered a Bowrider with 300 horse motor. It’s been a good year for them, hard to believe.

My dealer sold through 39 new boats, has 11 more on order for this year, and customer ordered a Bowrider with 300 horse motor. It’s been a good year for them, hard to believe.
My Dealer handles Bennington's Cobalt's and Malibu boats.Normally about 50 boats in inventory. All makes and models are flying out the door.They were going to do an open house, drive and ride and only had 5 boats so they cancelled. Even kayak's that sat around for 3 years are. So probably no deals! By the way Malibu Boats sell for like $80 to $130 thousand.

It's amazing how "normal" life can be if you don't believe everything that the news reports.

So much for keeping politics out of this.

OP the facts are, boat sales are on fire right now so as others have mentioned the “deals” may come later in the year. And the more affordable the boat, the more demand according to NMMA.

It’s counter-intuitive based on what’s going on in the world, but it also makes sense when you realize lots of people are thinking the same thing as you! The used boat market is also apparently ridiculous right now. And guns are probably even hotter. Buddy has a Mossberg back ordered 4-6 weeks and wants to buy mine for triple what I paid. Nuts.

Inventory what is that? My Bennington dealer has sold almost everything as of a weeks ago. Suntrackr\Regency dealer almost nothing left and Lowes dealer same thing. They all said they have had a great year. My theory no one taking vacations because of covid so you buy a boat. It is absolutely incredible all the boats sold by me in Missouri.

Your best deals will always come in the off-season, and even more so if you get multiple written quotes from numerous dealers that you engage to compete for your wallet, then take those with you to a major boat show and get your best deal there.
Not always true i have got some great deals in season. All depends on dealer volume and overhead.

Everything “outdoors” seems to be hot right now. People with money to spend were less impacted than those without. The bigger items seem to be really hot because or lack of production. Both US slowdown but also China slowdown. Bennington, Manitou, 4 Winns and most US builds. In addition kayaks and the higher end “cheaper” stuff. Can’t find a good kayak within 100 miles. Not surprising, this will be our new normal for a while.

hope all stay a distance, wear a mask, and stay safe. This will not go away any time soon. Until there is worldwide immunization, we can expect continued flare ups. Those areas that think they have controled the virus are just fooling themselves, as it just takes one intruder.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but 25% to 30% off was great when an S class was in the 40s, a G class in the 50s and an R class was high 60s or low 70s. It hasn't been that long ago, folks. It's not only Bennington that is on the greed train, they all are. I guess you can't fault them, it's human nature but it's getting way out of hand. I've seen S class boats DISCOUNTED to $55K and the R I'm looking at is Discounted to $88K. It takes nothing to get an R class up in the 120s anymore and what changed? Simtex? A few more horsepower? Aluminum is still the same price. Wood hasn't really gone up, neither has vinyl. I don't believe the employees are making more, only the corporation. What good is 30% off of $128,000 on a boat whos' MSRP should really only be $95,000 in the first place.

We're the frogs in that pot of cold water set to boil story, folks. It's going to be much nastier when it comes to a screeching halt and people start defaulting on those 22 year boat ones only one year in.

The reason prices are going up is demand. Pontoons\tritoons are the best selling boats in America for several years. I worry about the prices but i don’t see it as greed. I look at the 2006 G series i bought verses the R series purchased in 2017 and the amenities and look and feel of the 2017 is so much better. My choices made it more expensive ESP $8k, 300 HP Yamaha $22K verses 115HP on my first Bennington, infloor storage 1,200k, LED lighting side/cuos under water $2.5k, Yamaha digital gauges $2k. I could have had something similar to my first Bennington
with my tradein for 28k out of pocket. I paid 25k for my first boat 11 years earlier. The boats today are so much better, my choice drove price not greed by Bennington.

Last edited:
Back