Bennington QX25 Build w/ Mercury 350 or 400

I would not rule out the 450 Merc

Planning to order a new QX25 within the next week. I have talked myself out of going with the Yamaha 350 with all if the issues (fly wheel) I have read about online. This leave me with the Mercury Verado 350 & Mercury Verado 400 options.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mercury 350 or 400 on a Bennington?

Is the 400hp motor over kill for the QX25?

Is there any advantage of one over the other? I know I will see greater top end speed with the 400 but will I see more mid range torque?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Did you order your QX? I'm also looking at a QX for Lake Murray, SC. Currently a RSB 25 owner with 300 Yamaha. Looking to go with new 425 Yamaha on this heavier boat.
Would like to hear from other QX owners and their experience with this boat.

Thanks

have you considered the i/o version. I have the big block 502 and would not trade it for anything.

Did you order your QX? I'm also looking at a QX for Lake Murray, SC. Currently a RSB 25 owner with 300 Yamaha. Looking to go with new 425 Yamaha on this heavier boat.
Would like to hear from other QX owners and their experience with this boat.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, Yes I ordered the QX25, the dealer should be delivering it in the next week or two. If you are ever in the upstate near Lake Keowee I would be happy to give you a test ride. I went with the Mercury 400hp. Looking forward to getting it. I didnt go with the 425 Yamaha due to the extra motor weight and nearly $11k more over the Mercury 400. I have seen the boat in person at the dealership and that deluxe swing back option is really nice!

If you are in the market for a QX contact Andy @ 72 Marine in Elberton GA. He will have the best price by far,

Thanks
Rodney

We have a Suziki 250 on our Q25 and that has been more than enough power. That said, I am jealous! Go with the 400 hp. :cool:

When the lake is calm and it is just my wife and I on the boat, our top speed has been 52 mph.

I have a 2019 QX25 with a Mercury 400R engine and top out about 54 mph loaded light at 6500 rpms. I have the Cladded Arch and front top. I could change the prop and get a little more speed as I am still 500 rpms below the 7000 max on this engine, but there is no reason too as my wife starts giving me the look and tells me to slow down at about 40 mph. I only get to have fun at high speed when I am by myself. Love the boat and this engine combo.

That QX is 1000 pounds heavier than this Q. That is strong! Mine does everything else so good I guess i am not going to worry about top speed.

I have a 2019 QX25 with a Mercury 400R engine and top out about 54 mph loaded light at 6500 rpms. I have the Cladded Arch and front top. I could change the prop and get a little more speed as I am still 500 rpms below the 7000 max on this engine, but there is no reason too as my wife starts giving me the look and tells me to slow down at about 40 mph. I only get to have fun at high speed when I am by myself. Love the boat and this engine combo.
Didn't you have the big block a few boats ago?

Yes I had a Q with a Mercruiser HO 502. I liked the performance of the boat. The outboard works a lot better for me when beaching and not having to worry about the skag digging in the sand. It also gives you a flat floor plan all the way to the back of the boat. Much easier to service too. Both are great options and there are pros and cons to both, but I will never have an I/O pontoon boat again.

Back