BennTexx upholstery

Reaction score
In getting ready for my new boat,  I searched Amazon looking for cleaning and care products for the cleaning and protecting of the fabric.  Soooo many choices so I went to the section directly from Bennington offering pointers to owners.  There's a section about fabric care recommending a product "303". That was from 2011-12.  The fabric has changed to BennTexx.  They have another page with a link to Benntexx fabric care PDF. I can't open that page.  Says I'm not allowed??  Anyone wanna tell me if they're aware of a protocol to take care of this material? Thx 

Listen to me like I'm the Burnin' Bush: USE YOUR PLAYPEN COVER.  As big a PITA that it is, it's the only real way to protect it.  I'll take a look at that PDF, but I ruined some seats due to being too lazy to put the cover on.  I wish I would have listened to everyone who warned me to do it - I would have avoided a lot of grief.

Here it is. 

Listen to me like I'm the Burnin' Bush: USE YOUR PLAYPEN COVER.  As big a PITA that it is, it's the only real way to protect it.  I'll take a look at that PDF, but I ruined some seats due to being too lazy to put the cover on.  I wish I would have listened to everyone who warned me to do it - I would have avoided a lot of grief.

I agree with this statement. The only time we don't put the PP cover on, is when we are going to take it right back out the next day, but at the end of that day, it goes back on. Doesn't take but a very few minutes, and you're good to go.

Maybe it's just my iPad but the link didn't work. Just got this message  I'll try again later  

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."

I get the same message on my laptop.

I have no problem opening my link or CWag's link

Here is the text from the care brochure:

Benntexx is a new luxurious outdoor upholstery with a textile feel.  Developed with an exclusive process that creates a refined dimensional texture, giving it the look and feel of a high-end textile. Plus, it has all the benefits of an outdoor marine grade vinyl upholstery. With its industry leading High-Loft2   backing and Permablok3   topcoating system,  BENNTEXX   is extremely durable and easy to maintain.
When cleaning this product, a soft bristle brush may be necessary because of the fine texture. A stiff bristle brush will not be as effective since it cannot penetrate the subtleties of the emboss.             DO NOT OVER SCRUB! Step 1: Remove excess spill with a damp    microfiber cloth. Clean with a 1:1    mix of Ivory  soap and water.    Next, rinse with clean water and    dry. IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 2 ON REVERSE SIDE!

GENERAL CLEANING & CARE DIRECTIONS
Always remove stains immediately. Upholstery must be kept CLEAN!
®
®
®

FOR TOUGH STAINS
The information published in this care guide refers to the performance of PERMABLOK3   products in specific tests conducted under laboratory conditions.  Results may vary under actual conditions.  This information is not a guarantee and does not relieve the user from the responsibility of the proper and safe use of the product and all cleaning agents.  The use of certain agents can be harmful to the surface appearance and lifespan of vinyl. Spradling, its agents, and assigns assume no responsibility resulting from the use of such cleaning agents to the vinyl.  Certain clothing and accessory dyes (such as those used on denim jeans) may migrate to lighter colors. This phenomenon is increased by humidity and temperature and is irreversible. Spradling will not assume responsibility for dye transfer caused by external contaminants. Please check compatibility when using this product in combination with painted or varnished surfaces.
Failure to care for your vinyl properly, or use of improper cleaners, may void your warranty & damage your vinyl!
Certain household cleaners, powdered abrasives, steel wool, and industrial cleaners can cause damage and discoloration and are not recommended. Dry cleaning fluids and lacquer solvents should not be used as they will remove printed pattern and gloss.  Waxes should be used with caution as many contain dyes or solvents that can permanently damage the protective coating. Suntan lotion, tree pollen, wet leaves, and some other products can contain dyes that stain permanently.
 Do not clean with pressure washers, as they can generate 3500 PSI and could damage the surface of your interior.  Do not use kerosene, gasoline, or acetone, as they will remove the protective marine top coat.  Do not use any silicone-based protectants.  They will extract the plasticizer, leaving vinyl hard and brittle, and eventually cracking will occur.
Step 2: Use a straight application of   concentrated cleaners such as           Formula 409  or Fantastik  spray   cleaner. Wipe with a clean cloth,   rinse with water and dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 3.
Step 3: Use a 1:1 mix of ammonia and           water, or a 1:4 mix of bleach and           water. Rinse with clean water and           dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 4.
Step 4: Use a 1:1 mix of isopropyl alcohol           and water. If the stain persists, use            straight alcohol. Rinse thoroughly           with clean water and pat dry. Note: For cleaning that requires step 4, use a soft cotton cloth saturated with the cleaning material and rub the stain in circles 10 times. Pat dry with another soft cotton cloth and check the results.  Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or Magic Erasers  . Do not use pressure washers!  
®
Formula 409   is a registered trademark of the Clorox Company. Fantastik   is a registered trademark of DowBrands, Inc., registered trademark of the Dow Chemical Co. Ivory   is a registered trademark of Procter and Gamble. PERMABLOK3   is a registered trademark of Spradling International, Inc.

©2012 Spradling International, Inc. 
® ®
FOR GENERAL CLEANING SEE REVERSE SIDE

I was told when I picked my boat that you no longer Need  or should use 303 products.

Wouldn't you know I just bought 2 bottles of 303! :blink:

Are those of you that can't open link logged in? I only get that error message if I'm on the page as a guest. 

I agree with this statement. The only time we don't put the PP cover on, is when we are going to take it right back out the next day, but at the end of that day, it goes back on. Doesn't take but a very few minutes, and you're good to go.

You will if you get a Blue Heron that decides to eat dinner and relieve himself on your toon. We typically come in around 4 and  back out around 9 next day, and cover every night. Glad we do after seeing the size of the poop they left on ours a couple times!!!!  :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't open it on my iPad either so thanks for the extract.  Now I'm confused about the use of 303 products.  To use or not to use?

You will if you get a Blue Heron that decides to eat dinner and relieve himself on your toon. We typically come in around 4 and  back out around 9 next day, and cover every night. Glad we do after seeing the size of the poop they left on ours a couple times!!!!  :blink:

Good thought, Semper. We don't live at the ocean, but we do live at a 33,000 acre reservoir, that has lots of geese and cranes flying around. I imagine it would only take one time for those to drop a bomb on my interior for me to regret putting it one after "every" use. Good food for thought. 

I am (and was) logged in and still can't access the link. Other links have worked?!?  Thanks for the expanded post cwag. 

There are times when I need to switch browsers to get something open 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back