Benny R23 and a Question About Trailer Bunks

Marantzer

Reaction score
Hi Guys - Our R23 was finally delivered last Thursday and we had a great weekend enjoying it. Here are some pictures:IMG_9767.jpg
IMG_9774.jpg
IMG_9811.JPGIMG_9846.jpgIMG_9779.JPG
One question that I have, of many to come I'm sure, is about the bunks on my trailer. The bunks do not support the center (ESP) toon at all on our Marine Master trailer. When I asked about it, the salesperson at the dealer said that the center toon does not need to be supported and would actually make it more difficult to load the boat if the bunks were to make contact. In my mind, this is just putting unnecessary stress on the cross members considering the weight of the center toon and the engine. What are your thoughts? Pic to illustrate how far off the bunks are:
IMG_3857.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9
That is flat out wrong. Actually my center bunk is what makes it easier to load. Once I have center toon in the rest is easy.

Send marina master the picture and tell them what the salesman said. I’m sure they will not recommend this. then take the trailer and boat back to the dealership and have it set up correctly. All 3 toons should be set up where they are equally distributing the weight between them.
On a side note what size simrad does that have built in?

Thanks guys, kinda backs up my gut feeling on this one. I’ll check this week with Marine Master but I may be adjusting the bunks myself this weekend. The Simrad is the G09.

Thank you.

I don’t blame you for fixing it your self if the dealer isn’t handy. But I would call and let the manager know what is being told by one of his salesman if I didn’t carry it back.

Back