Bent Splash Guard

SSBXPCaptain

Reaction score
Man am I bummed. Just bent the left splash guard up on my new 24 SSBXP. The first 6-10 inches is affected with the first inch almost straight up and laid against the log. The remaining damage is also bent upwards, but not as bad. Is this something that can be bent back, or will the metal crack? How would something like this normally be repaired and at what approximate cost?

Sorry to hear about the damage. How did it get bent ?

There have been a few that have had them replaced. I believe they were cut off and the new ones welded in the same place and you couldn't tell.

Strong, gusty 90° crosswinds and poor docking skills on my part.

You're not alone, the wind and me trying to put it on the trailer are never a good combination, have had a couple war wounds myself. I'm sure it's repairable!

if you're going to try and bend it back be careful not to cause more damage than cutting it off and replacing it. 

It can be bent back..........Our mechanic took the boat out last year to diagnose a problem we had and he apparently hit the dock on the way back. This after being super careful for the 8 yrs. (at the time) we had the boat. 

We also had another splash guard become partially detached. Had it welded back in place for $40.......

I hate when I do something stupid or just bad luck and I screw something up.  I beat myself up quite good usually.  I have learned though that anything can be fixed or replaced, sometimes it just comes down to the $$ :)

Back