Best BBQ grill

JOwen72

Reaction score
We are getting a new 2016 2250 GBR.  It has a counter space so I'm thinking I would like a small bbq grill with rubber non-slip feet.  Any suggestions?

5442960_20151107122824724_1_XLARGE.jpg

We have a similar counter top and went with a Magma Cabo grill and storage bag. We also purchased a large silicone mat/trivet to place under it to protect the counter from heat and grease (neither of which have been a problem). The grill worked great and the bag keeps everything (grill, fuel, cooking utensils) in one place under the cabinet. I think I have a picture on the forum somewhere of the set up. 

Search this topic for a picture of my set up: New Magma grill on pedestal mount installed!

That's a nice looking grill but the legs look a little flimsy.  But you've never had a problem with it sliding around or anything when a wave comes in?

Actually, a well built grill with no issues of moving around. The legs do fold flat for storage. I was considering a Weber but this unit seems a lot more compact. On the pricey side so look for a sale.You can check one out in person at a West Marine if you have one nearby. 

Realistically, if I remember right you can cook six burgers at a time, so if you have a crowd not everyone will eat at the same time. 

Nice looking layout you have there! Welcome to the club and post some pictures of the rest of your new baby!

You might want to have a look at Kuuma Outdoor Grills

I just bought a Kuuma 316 Elite but have yet to use it. A bit pricey, but a big cooking surface with upper rack. It too has fold out feet and I could deploy it on top of my fishing station but I intend to use that as the staging area and sink. I like that it hangs out over the water which keeps it out of the way so no one gets burned but the quick release mount is a bust because I can't install the cover without removing the piece of mount that stays with the rail when the grill is removed.

Will let everyone know how it works, if we had been better prepared when my friend caught the salmon double last week we could have had them from water to grill in short order! That will be awesome

Weber Q would seem to fit nicely in that space.  

That's what we use and everyone at our lake spots always compliment us on it.  Besides the look and build, it even cooks great!  My only regret is I bought the bigger size.  It works fantastic, but when we have floats and tubes, the smaller profile Q would be a better fit.  I also suggest getting one with the temperature gauge.  Good luck on your choice!

Back