Best boat lift recommendations ?

bradpins

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m new to the Benny family. My new tritoon just came in. I need to buy a lift. I would love to hear thoughts on a 5000 lbs shorestation dc, vs a 5000 lbs Max Lift dc. These are the only two brands sold at the Marinas at our lake. I can’t find info on lift recommendations in prior posts. Thank you!

Last edited:
What boat do you have? 5000lb is fine for most applications, but my R25 is just shy of 5000lb when full of gas and gear. When you add people it could be an extra 1500 lb.

If you can swing it, the hydrualic lift systems are WAY faster up and down than the DC motor/cable lifts. Regardless, get the 24V (two battery) system vs. the 12V. Twice as fast on the cable lifts, and less strain on the motor.

I've had a Shrorestation and it was good. If possible I'd recommend getting a fabric top vs. canvas - my Shorestation had the vinyl canvas top and it dripped condensation on the boat, causing mildew. The fabric tops don't have that issue.

Also - I'd recommend getting a canopy at least as long as the boat PLUS the motor. On my R25, that's just over 30 feet - but I only have a 28-foot canopy, and the motor sits outside :-(

What boat do you have? 5000lb is fine for most applications, but my R25 is just shy of 5000lb when full of gas and gear. When you add people it could be an extra 1500 lb.

If you can swing it, the hydrualic lift systems are WAY faster up and down than the DC motor/cable lifts. Regardless, get the 24V (two battery) system vs. the 12V. Twice as fast on the cable lifts, and less strain on the motor.

I've had a Shrorestation and it was good. If possible I'd recommend getting a fabric top vs. canvas - my Shorestation had the vinyl canvas top and it dripped condensation on the boat, causing mildew. The fabric tops don't have that issue.

Also - I'd recommend getting a canopy at least as long as the boat PLUS the motor. On my R25, that's just over 30 feet - but I only have a 28-foot canopy, and the motor sits outside :-(
I built a 23LFBC with the Yamaha 200 sho (weighs about 3600lbs, and about 27’ long with motor) I was thinking the 5k lbs lift witha 28’ canopy would be good. Great advice. I’m leaning towards the shore station.

I built a 23LFBC with the Yamaha 200 sho (weighs about 3600lbs, and about 27’ long with motor) I was thinking the 5k lbs lift witha 28’ canopy would be good. Great advice. I’m leaning towards the shore station.
Check Craigslist and local Marinas in your area used lifts are out there.

You never know what you might find on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. I sold my 2 year old very nice lift/canopy/solar motor system back in 2019. I got a nice price for it, but the buyer got a like new condition lift for a couple grand less than it would have cost them new. Sometimes there are some nice deals to be had. Good luck with your final decision.

I just bought a 5000lb ShoreMaster with tritoon kit, canopy and hand crank. Had a lot of trouble finding any used ones online (CT and NY). neither boat nor hoist have arrived yet though. They're expensive but worth protecting the investment (boats are investments, right!?)

I just bought a 5000lb ShoreMaster with tritoon kit, canopy and hand crank. Had a lot of trouble finding any used ones online (CT and NY). neither boat nor hoist have arrived yet though. They're expensive but worth protecting the investment (boats are investments, right!?)
Spend another $1K (if you have power at the boat) and buy a lift motor. That hand crank wheel will wear you out. (I have two of the wheels hanging in my shed !! )

Spend another $1K (if you have power at the boat) and buy a lift motor. That hand crank wheel will wear you out. (I have two of the wheels hanging in my shed !! )
When we had our lift, have a power fob for it was so nice. Our neighbor with the hand crank wheel had to do a bit of work to raise and lower it. Push button operation is well worth a little more money. In our case I think it was about $700-1000 more for the motor, solar panel, battery and remote control. So worth it!!!

Back