Best SS Prop for 2017 SLXP w/ Yamaha 115 and SPS Tritons performance package???

ugleeual

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a SS prop now that I gouged my aluminum prop on small rocks hidden on a sand bar in lake Anna, VA that my neighbors said was pure sand... last time I'll do that!!!

I was getting good performance out of the aluminum prop (WOT 35 mph at 5900rpm) w/ 4 pax and full tank.  My boat is only a month/half old and has the SPS here toon performance package and sea star steering.  Any recommendations from seasoned owners with similar config?

What size is on it now?

We've got a different set-up so I won't be able to offer prop size suggestions, other than to say that you might want to talk to your dealer. Given the size of your engine, a SS might not give you as much bang for the buck as you might expect. Hopefully you'll get some feedback from those with a similar boat!

I asked my dealer what they installed... they put on two different props during pre delivery to get the best performance... he has not responded back yet.  Is there a way to tell on the actual prop what size and brand?

Is there a way to tell on the actual prop what size and brand?

Check out the picture of my prop on the "SS Prop Rust" thread. 

Moving this to where it belongs. 

FYI, we can't help much until we know your current prop, GPS speed and rpm at wide open throttle (WOT).

Last edited by a moderator:
And if it has rust.

Moving this to where it belongs. 

FYI, we can't help much until we know your current prop, GPS speed and rpm at wide open throttle (WOT).

I checked yesterday and the prop is a Yamaha OEM Aluminum 13 1/4 X 17 - K.  At WOT the rpm shows 5900 and a steady 35 mph on my GPS.  No rust or wax...

I checked yesterday and the prop is a Yamaha OEM Aluminum 13 1/4 X 17 - K.  At WOT the rpm shows 5900 and a steady 35 mph on my GPS.  No rust or wax...

That seems to be spot on for top speed and rpms with a 115. I don't think a SS prop on a 115 will "find" you any more performance. The SS stops the flexing of an aluminum prop in higher horsepower applications. Not an issue with the 115.

That seems to be spot on for top speed and rpms with a 115. I don't think a SS prop on a 115 will "find" you any more performance. The SS stops the flexing of an aluminum prop in higher horsepower applications. Not an issue with the 115.

Perfect thanks.

Back