Best way to attach fenders

TBG22

Reaction score
I have a new GCW 2375 and I am looking for ways to attach the the fenders. I used the clips made by Taylormade on my last boat ( Different Brand ) . I have tried the clips on the Bennington rails, but they do not fit very well. I am looking at the stainless steel options from several companies, but I wanted to get some feedback before I purchase. These require drilling and attaching the new base brackets, so it's a commitment once you start.

I have mine on plastic clips that came from the dealer And works very well

EZ Fender, with fender line tied to thin stainless steel carabiner. 

Yep, we use these with no problems. Easy and I can place a fender just about anywhere. I read some people say this clip can be broken *fairly* easy so I bought an extra pack in 2012. Haven't used an extra one yet.

Steve
Besides using these Taylor Made plastic clips with our fenders, there was a tip last year about having some extras to hang wet clothes out to dry OR to hang temporary shading. We've succeeded doing both with grandchildren either sleeping on board or wet swim suits! I love these plastic clips because they fit the square rails/bimini frame, etc.

Besides using these Taylor Made plastic clips with our fenders, there was a tip last year about having some extras to hang wet clothes out to dry OR to hang temporary shading. We've succeeded doing both with grandchildren either sleeping on board or wet swim suits! I love these plastic clips because they fit the square rails/bimini frame, etc.
Great ideas! So simple and I never though of that....

Steve

I have a new GCW 2375 and I am looking for ways to attach the the fenders. I used the clips made by Taylormade on my last boat ( Different Brand ) . I have tried the clips on the Bennington rails, but they do not fit very well. I am looking at the stainless steel options from several companies, but I wanted to get some feedback before I purchase. These require drilling and attaching the new base brackets, so it's a commitment once you start.
OP: the Bennington framing/rails should be 1 1/4" square. The plastic TM clips are made to fit 1 1/4" and DO slide on tight but I have to believe they're supposed to.

EZ Fender, with fender line tied to thin stainless steel carabiner. 
I don't understand why you use the carabiner.  How do you adjust the line when needed?  Tie another knot?

Quick connect and disconnect. I use something similar.

This is the best deal on black fenders I've ever seen by far. I have plenty but thought I'd post this here....

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3006-7204-Fender-Value/dp/B00MAQMZSW/ref=pd_sim_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E5G55ZG4ZG1FEDZ2QR4

$32 for two 6x22, plus a 5 foot fender line for each. And free shipping. Fulfilled by Amazon, another plus for hassle free returns. Odd time of year for these to be so cheap. High customer rating... If I needed more I would try these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for replying to this topic and offering different suggestions. I always find the boating community to be very helpful.

Just got these :) More pricey than the plastic Taylors, BUT..A whole lot easier and it won't fall over board either when someone hits it with their leg. The black color is good for boats with the matte black or blacked out package

I WISH THESE WOULD HAVE COME STOCK with Bennington... these little things help.
Below is the link to the webpage. Once I get them on the new boat, I will post pics

http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-Members-Discount-Page.html

I used the Scotty universal mounts on the previous Benny, and transferred them to this one. I like them.

Thanks for your purchase, travisct... it was nice talking with ya! I've always said, boater are the best people in the world. If the world had boaters morals, none of this crazy crap that's going on now days, would be happening... You are gonna love em... I guarantee it!!!

We use EZ fenders, they work great. Makes adjusting the height a breeze.

I've been using the Taylormade clips because they allow flexibility in placement of the fender. However, on the port quarter of our boat, the clips won't work because there is a solid attachment of the rail to the sundeck. So, I bought 2 EZ Fenders and mounted them in that area.

I don't like running with my fenders out (or laying inboard on a bench all wet), and the clips make it easy to pull them off, as opposed to the EZ Fenders, where I have to thread the line into the hole to mount the fender each time.

Also, we trailer 100% of the time so the fenders have to come off/on at each outing.

To help with threading the line into the EZ Fenders, I wrapped the first 2 inches in electrical tape.

I suppose with more experience I'll find a better or more convenient way (as with everything in life!)

Last edited:
Back