Big Bear Lake bound!

PapaBear

Reaction score
We have a vacation home at Big Bear Lake and our 2012 18 SLi "Cub Tub" is slipped at Pleasure Point Marina from late April through mid-October, weather permitting. At just under 7,000 feet, we've had 12" of snow the week before Halloween (2009) snow is been predicted this year through mid-April.

The big event of the year is the 4th of July when fireworks are shot out over the lake. If you're up at Big Bbear or planning on visiting, drop us a note! B)

B & L

That is about the same as our boating season in the Adirondacks of northern NY. Weather has been crazy here in Albany, NY. 80's last week and now back down into the mid-upper 50's.

Our big weekends are the typical Holiday weekends, Memorial Day 4th of July annual Tikki Party etc, But my favorite event of the year is the Ring of Fire. It is on the LaborvDay weekend and our 125 mile of lake shore is filled with gigantic fires with each trying to outdo the others. We have a cabin in an association and i think last year we started with 60 wooden pallets. I shrunk this pix for size reasins but I hope you can see it.

Ring of Fire.jpg

Back