Bimini Boot

PKNewt

Reaction score
New to the site and I tried to do a little searching first before posting, but decided to post anyway! I have a 2011 22 SLI, pretty standard setup I ordered at a boat show many moons ago. I keep it in a shelter in winter and lift in the summer and I managed to let it swing and tear up my bimini boot against my lift cable in a storm. I would love to replace it with a factory new boot (with the logo if possible). Any ideas on where to source new boots? My Bennington dealer went belly up a number of years ago (good thing I have never needed dealer service since it was new!).

While I am at it I might go ahead and get new bimini fabric... it got a little moldy underneath and I think I made it worse cleaning with some mold cleaner I got at a marine store...

You could try next closest dealer (call them) and maybe they’ll ship. Also try greatlakesskipper.com
They typically carry some older Bennington oem biminis

Call the dealer or Tumac, that is who probably manufactured the Bimini and cover for the boat.

Tumac had the pattern for a 2008 Bennington. You can order direct.
I was very happy with them.

Or just have a local canvas shop custom make both for you. They also might be able to embroider the Bennington logo on the boot.

Thanks for the great advice! I'll reply with the outcome when I get there. Hoping to get the boat in the water tomorrow. A little late this year compared to most. Maybe I'll get a better profile picture to replace the one with the lake flooded a few inches over my dock (had two take the boat out of the lift in case it decided to float off or hit the roof...

Any dealer will order you what you need, and charge you too LOL. Find a good local boat cover guy and go Sunbrella for both boot and bimini top. You'l be glad you invested in them both.

I agree with going Sunbrella- great stuff! I have a tendency to stick with original OEM, but I noticed right off the bat that the original materials are not as good as Sunbrella I have had/have on other boats. I never had significant mildew issues and seemed to have them on this top starting in the first year. Now it is going on 9 years old it looks bad underneath with the black/white/discolored mildew stains everywhere. Now to be fair, this is the first boat I have ever left in a lift (under a roof) for 3-4 months at a time, so I am sure that contributes to the issues having the top rolled up in that environment. I have two small sailboats and have the same issue on the rolled up sails as this top. The "cheaper" aftermarket sail material molds up almost instantly where a more expensive sail material from North holds its own much longer without issues. The Bennington materials in the actual boat look great- no issues at all on seats, carpet, or anywhere else. Still looks new (Thank you 303!)

Back