Bimini frame reinstallation after removing

Mutated Bait

Reaction score
I was closing the Bimini for the night as a storm was expected. I made the mistake of unhooking the rear frame struts. I then unhooked the front struts and the entire frame fell forward and came unhooked. The main pivoting strut came unhooked and it locks in place when in the position it dropped into. Trying to do this myself but I can't lift the weight and can't keep the pivot struts snapped in place. Is there a procedure? HELP.  2016 20SX

You are going to need at least one other person to get it installed they are bulky and tall as you have to pivot it up and over to the rear.

You probably won't believe me but I figured it out by myself. A few bungee cords. Two ropes. A short broom and a 6 foot 2X4. No damage done. No problems. The process, as you can see from my tool list, was a matter of leverage and pivoting the weight. And too complicated to describe here. Yay for me. 

Love it! 

You probably won't believe me but I figured it out by myself. A few bungee cords. Two ropes. A short broom and a 6 foot 2X4. No damage done. No problems. The process, as you can see from my tool list, was a matter of leverage and pivoting the weight. And too complicated to describe here. Yay for me. 

Wow!!! Nice job. Never underestimate the power of determination for sure! I lifted and set all the trusses by hand for our carport/barn.

Back