Bimini options for 2014 2575QCW Sport Tower

ryeland

Reaction score
Hey All-

About to receive delivery of not only my first Bennington, but first boat, and am very excited. As the title suggests it's a 2014 2575QCW Sport tower:

2014%20Bennington%202575%20QCWT%20(2).jpg

Prior to asking, I have searched the forum with little information to show for it. I'm hoping someone can advise on additional bimini options and where to purchase/find them. While I like the sport tower I can already see that it will not provide enough sun protection.

Thanks very much.

There is one available from Bennington, at least when it was ordered new it was an option. I believe it said something about "custom drawing required" what exactly that entails I have no idea. They would be the only place to get it done, in my opinion.

Awesome looking boat!!! Welcome to the forums.

I don’t know anything about trying to pair additional Bimini coverage with a sport tower on a Q-series, but I couldn’t resist complimenting your new Benny. I am sure others can give lots of ideas and advice on your actual questions.

A good canvas/upholstery shop that makes bimini's should be able to make a front one to match your boat pretty easily. The local place here in Lake Havasu City built mine.

A good canvas/upholstery shop that makes bimini's should be able to make a front one to match your boat pretty easily. The local place here in Lake Havasu City built mine.

They could make the top, but they need a full frame setup as well, which is why I figured factory would be your best bet

I agree the factory "should" be the best bet. But, when I ordered my boat I had a major problem with the front bimini. While the dealership wouldn't admit it I learned from Bennington that the rear bimini was installed at the factory (perfect) while the front one was installed at the dealership. They did such a poor job on the install I had to have a new one made by the local place. While they did use the original metal framing, I saw some other bimini's they did from scratch that would have looked much better. They were more heavy duty and the bends and such were done cleaner.

I agree the factory "should" be the best bet. But, when I ordered my boat I had a major problem with the front bimini. While the dealership wouldn't admit it I learned from Bennington that the rear bimini was installed at the factory (perfect) while the front one was installed at the dealership. They did such a poor job on the install I had to have a new one made by the local place. While they did use the original metal framing, I saw some other bimini's they did from scratch that would have looked much better. They were more heavy duty and the bends and such were done cleaner.

Well there you go, I just assumed that they just did upholstery, not metal tube bending / fitting. I guess because here in my little town getting one of the two upholstery places to even make an addition to my playpen cover to cover the rear deck was a big deal!! Haha they admittedly don't do much for boat stuff. Obviously out in your area it is a MUCH larger market!

Lake Havasu itself is a HUGE boating arena a good part of the year and we have several pretty big boat builders so it's pretty easy to get boat stuff done. You might have to wait a couple of months to be seen whether it's custom work or servicing but we almost have something for everyone. While the Spring and Summer is obviously the busy time on the water you can boat year round if you don't mind putting a jacket on during the colder months.

Back