Bimini support bars bent back slightly due to running with top open?

upnorthWIG22

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has seen this issue: we had the boat out over the weekend, very warm here in N WI, so had the bimini open most of the time to block sun/offer some shade, and I ran the boat across the lake several times with the top open, into pretty stiff breeze (I've been pretty religious about not running boat with top open, for various reasons). On the lift last night I noticed both front supports looked to have been bent backwards - had never seen this before, they have been straight as an arrow (this is season 5 with this boat, 2014 G22, about 100 hours on it). I'm thinking with the warmth, the metal (aluminum?) supports got a little soft, and with the top open, and going directly into wind, the combination of heat and wind with the top open bent the bars "back" - so now they curve a bit. There are no functional issues with the top - it closes and open just fine as before - but if there's a way to "re-straighten" 'em out I'm be interested. No kinks or anything like that in the metal. Thanks

I'm in the minority here for sure, But my Bimini goes up at the ramp and comes down when i get back. Never had an issue with bending and I'm not conservative on the throttle.

Back