Bimini top cleaning

Dgj

Reaction score
the outside of my 2010 factory original blue double Bimini looks good but on the underside it is streaked white and has some black mold spots on it that I can’t get off. I have used simple green a scrub brush and pressure washer and when it dried it looked the same. I threw it in the washer and used warm water and laundry detergent. I had the same results as before. Is there anyone that has had the same issues as me and what did you do to fix it. No rips or tears and it appears to have several years of use left in it if I don’t destroy it by trying to clean it. Thank you

Jordan

I have the black spots and they have been there for years. I've also tried mold remover and nothing. I just don't look at it.

I had same... plus lots of other stains from 11 years in a boat lift in East Tx (spiders, red-clay mud daubers, etc).
I used Clorox all purpose cleaner with bleach. I tested it on a section and it did not harm the color (but you should test yours also). Got rid of the spots.
Also, laid it out on the driveway and scrubbed with a stiff shop-broom with dishwashing soap. Turned it over and did it again.

I appreciate it. I will give some mild bleach products a try. If that doesn’t get it I will just re treat it with 303 fabric guard and and it is what it is. I have been keeping my eyes open for a new top and cover on Great Lakes skipper but haven’t found an exact match. What is the difference in a 2550 like I have and the 2575. Not sure what the second set of numbers represents

75=changing room. 50=no changing room.

Thinking back, I also used TSP.
I remember I was actually quite surprised to find that it was a deep blue! I thought it was black/grey - until I saw all the filthy water rinsing off of it!

I have had good luck with oxy clean spray.

A little bleach and water in a spray bottle will clean it......

Once in a while the awnings on our RV would get a little mold. We would spray it with bleach diluted with water then roll it up for a half hour to an hour. Then, unroll it and hose it off. It always came out great.

Back