Bimini Top Enclosure

sottemail@yahoo.com

Reaction score
We made it thru our first 2017 season with our GSeries 25 GPD, ESP Hull, 300 HP Eveinrude G2. Absolutely love our Bennington Pontoon! And G2 Evinrude! Compared to any of our friends boats we went on this year we had the Most Comfortable and Smoothest ride!! Drove across Lake Winnebago in a friends 23 ft Grady White with a good chop, wished we would have drove the Benny!
Drove all summer with large dent in the port side front lower corner panel from a 36’ Cabin Cruiser and his 4’-5’ wake when he did his hole shot 30’ in front of us, its fixed and stored. I learned real quick to be a defensive driver on our system with the size boats we have.
Pontoon Bimini Enclosures:
We are considering an Enclosure for our back Bimini. Im concerned with a full Enclosure. Are G25 is 27’ long pontoon to pontoon and I don't want to deal with the wind, waves, big boats and what I think will be poor visibility trying to see thru a plastic panel 10’ In front of me. My first year of parking and docking in heavy to mild cross winds and waves was another learning experience that I wish I had more time this year.

Does anyone have any an enclosure, half or full with any recommendations? Likes or dislikes? Pictures?
We never thought about asking for the Bimini top that had the extra zippers for this so we either have to replace it or do custom. I see that Bennington does offer enclosures but dont know if they do for our GPD or will only do back Bimini, I’d like to know there prices for comparison.
I’m pricing one out now from Fountain of Youth for Boats in North Praire WI he’s done 3 different boat covers for me. Good company!
The only difficult thing I see is fastening the front curtain to the floor in front of the helm and dinette without having to stub a toe or step on snaps. Plus I have port and starboard side doors.
Figuring full height plastic in front with center door zipper and screen, fabric framed side windows and aft (rear) windows with center door zipper and screen. Liked the idea of a screens in the roll up door front and aft to allow wind to flow thru when driving or moving.

Thanks
Steve

Drove all summer with large dent in the port side front lower corner panel from a 36’ Cabin Cruiser and his 4’-5’ wake when he did his hole shot 30’ in front of us, its fixed and stored

Hey Steve, sorry I can't help with your question but can you elaborate on how your boat was dented?
I'd like to know so I can avoid it if I see it coming.
Thanks

I don't know if you are aware, but every boat is responsible for damage caused by their wake. If he was careless, he should be responsible for the damage.

Hey Steve, sorry I can't help with your question but can you elaborate on how your boat was dented?
I'd like to know so I can avoid it if I see it coming.
Thanks
I think a larger boat caused a big wake that came over the top and dented his fencing.

What is the technique when approaching a large wake/wave?

45 degree angle and don't pull back on the throttle.

45 degree angle and don't pull back on the throttle.
I hit em however they come at me, and I never pull back on the throttle. Blows me away how the SPS eats those waves.

Thanks guys. I'm going from having the biggest boat to the smallest I'm sure. Didn't want to blow a fence section in on day one. I'm curious to see how it rides on the big water.

Back