Bimini top - putting it on the frame

Roo Raft

Reaction score
I bought my 2016 20SSRX last year and took the Bimini canvas off to clean it and treat it with water repellency.  but I have yet to put it back on for the first time   When I was taking it off, I did note which poles had snaps, canvas zipper areas , etc.

I checked the generic bennington owners manual PDF on line and on pg 32 it has a small write up on Bimini canvas and says "Please note below installation instructions for the bimini canvas Bennington offers. Please use the correct instructions based on the model of boat you own." But no where in the manual does it show the instructions.  

Any tips / tricks on putting the canvas bimini  top back onto the frame?

thank you!

Well you know that the two outermost rails will be zipped in, so I would put them in, then fully open the bimini and see what lines up where. If I'm understanding your problem correctly. 

^^^^^ What Derrick said.... and don't try on a windy day.  It only took me a couple minutes to install myself. It is like working with a wet noodle though. Beer might help ...  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The side with the hole goes to the back for the anchor light. As stated above....don't try it in the wind.

Back