Bimini warning

Dgj

Reaction score
just received my new main bow for my front Bimini top and as I was taking the parts off the old one I realized the inside diameter of the new tubing was much smaller than what came originally on my 2010. I am going to call and order new bottom connection part tomorrow. It was getting really thin by the time I ground it down.
The good thing is the wall thickness is twice as thick and shouldn’t break as easily.

Can you do a side by side comparison photo?

I have one but not sure how to load a photo I’ll look for a sticky on how to do it

I just added a front bimini frame ordered from Bennington (l received last fall ) and 2013 22SLX tritoon boat is now at boat top shop getting new custom Sunbrella tops. Nice to see how beefy they are! I am glad I didn't go cheap and buy cheaper aftermarket multi piece front bimini setups. It cost $500 for new OEM frame with all mounts and stainless screws/hardware plus another $100 for oversize shipping costs. Now another $2500 for new tops, boots, modifying playpen for extra bimini frame brackets, and adding zippers around entire perimeter for future side curtains. Also adding 2-3 inches on sides for more shade.

jhill, post some pictures once you've got the project completed.

Jhill, mine was all oem just a 2010 compared to what they sent me for current replacement. Unless they come back and say it was an issue with there supplier you will have to get new base mounts when you replace a section of a top.93311772-F5FC-4C71-B345-D61FB07668D9.jpeg

Jhill, mine was all oem just a 2010 compared to what they sent me for current replacement. Unless they come back and say it was an issue with there supplier you will have to get new base mounts when you replace a section of a top.View attachment 25455
That looks really different than my front bimini "foot". Mine is open curved slot that can be installed on boat after brackets are all mounted, just like rear main bimini top. (You need to be at correct angle so bracket cross bolt enters slot opening) Does your's need to be bolted through after putting on boat? I am confused. Does look beefy.

It has all the same parts as the back top just in revers

It has all the same parts as the back top just in revers
I agree that my parts are same as my existing factory rear bimini and just mounted in reverse, but Dgj's picture shows a part that appears to not have the opening to the u hook that allows easy removal from boat and a cylindrical section with a hole in it. I am still very confused.....was the 2010 factory parts different than my 2013 22SLX? Maybe a design update change? My boat is still at boat top shop so can't take a picture of my hardware but mine looks like what late model Bennys all have with an aluminum hook mounted on rail with a black plastic insert, and another hook on bimini frame and the two hook together when proper angle is achieved.

Last edited:
That is the part that it all pivots on as you raise and lower the top. It does not unhook.
You only take it loose if you are removing the top

Image-2.jpg Image-1.png IMG_3196.jpg
That is the part that it all pivots on as you raise and lower the top. It does not unhook.
You only take it loose if you are removing the top
Interesting. My front bimini frame will lift off by swinging main bow slightly rearward towards stern with out removing any screws. It is like 2 slot "C" shapes interlocked. I found some photos in my phone of the open slot that mates from brand new frame ordered from Bennington. I added arrow pointing at opening. Must be a change made after 2010 boats as mine is 2013. I think these are high tech black plastic and yours looks to be aluminum. The boat picture is from a boat my dealer had last year when I got bug to add a front bimini as mine is now still at upholstery shop getting new bimini tops. I just recently installed all the mounts on forward rails and after those parts all bolted down, took 2 people under 5 minutes to align "C" slot and frame was on and can't come off when in normal usage position forward leaning. The rear bimini would need to be tilted forward to disengage from slot. (Just the opposite of front one.) Stays locked when tilted rearward.

Last edited:
I just found this picture of bimini foot like my 2013 Benny has. Maybe it is aluminum and just powder coated black .IMG_3407.jpg

Last edited:
Appears they changed them some. Mine is aluminum. Looks to be anodized more so than powder coated. But either way they are slightly different. I am still waiting on my new parts to see if I can get mine back together. Didn’t realize how much I would miss the front top till it was gone. Helps a to. Especially with 2 little kids.

Here are the promised pics of new Sunbrella tops just installed by local boat shop! I installed the front OEM bimini as far forward as possible before playpen rail starts to curve at front (bow). I had upholstery shop add 2-3" to sides as well as husky zippers around entire perimeter of double top for future shade screen side curtains for more shade in future. The shop also modified the playpen cover so it has collars and velcro closures at every rail bracket so tops can be totally deployed up and playpen cover totally installed with poles in place. I know the latest trend is black bimini tops but we love cool shade so we stayed light colors. We also have 3 new grand babies in family that need sun protection! The front OEM bimini and all OEM hardware from dealer cost $500 plus $100 for oversize shipping as main section of bimini frame is one continuous piece for strength. All the upholstery work...new Sunbrella tops, added overhang, added zippers, and modifications to playpen cover was $2380 which was very fair for high end marine fabric I thought.:cool: Somehow my iPhone added pink tinge to last picture of fabric.

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 38
I just received the new Bimini foot and it is the same as in the picture above. I hope it will fix the problem. The top looks really nice jhill

IMG_3422.jpg
I just received the new Bimini foot and it is the same as in the picture above. I hope it will fix the problem. The top looks really nice jhill
Thanks, I appreciate that! .......About the foot with open slot....the bracket on rail is longer and has another aluminum inside piece with a similar reverse slot plus a plastic insert so you understand just changing foot alone might not hold your bimini leg properly. If you want, I can take close up pictures. You may need some more parts to properly secure it if your current setup is just a cross pin in a narrow bracket. I found a picture of the inside aluminum piece that interlocks with the open slot foot. The 2 of them work in conjunction with cross pin and a black plastic insert to take up play and probably reduce abrasion of parts. I still have all parts numbers that dealer gave me for my new front bimini install. I went ahead and took a picture of invoice with every part necessary to add a front bimini. IMG_3420.jpgIMG_3407.jpg

Last edited:
Yes if you can please show a close up assembled. I wasn’t sure what the small silver piece was. Luckily Bennington and the dealer took care of this and got me the parts quick.

Can anyone explain to me how the silver spacer works for the new Bimini mounts or will it make sense when I try it.

Back