Biminis and Bees

Joyfultooner

Reaction score
We have a yellow jacket problem in our area and one of their favorite nest building sites is inside the bimini frame.

We used Great Stuff on our old pontoon to fill the space....but it was a MESS. Stained a few seats when it dripped.

When we picked up our new boat a few weeks ago, I asked our dealer if they could get us 12 end caps like the ones used on the playpen.

Had to use an exacto knife to notch each one to fit around the bolts. (Very soft plastic/ easy to do)

In about 15 minutes. Problem solved. No muss, no fuss, no bees.
biggrin.gif

Highly recommend this quick and easy project!

Excellent solution; thanks for sharing it with us.

This would keep the mud daubers out, too!

We have a yellow jacket problem in our area and one of their favorite nest building sites is inside the bimini frame.

We used Great Stuff on our old pontoon to fill the space....but it was a MESS. Stained a few seats when it dripped.

When we picked up our new boat a few weeks ago, I asked our dealer if they could get us 12 end caps like the ones used on the playpen.

Had to use an exacto knife to notch each one to fit around the bolts. (Very soft plastic/ easy to do)

In about 15 minutes. Problem solved. No muss, no fuss, no bees.
biggrin.gif

Highly recommend this quick and easy project!

Something else to worry about :eek: I can see where the bees might make a home but I can't picture what you are referring to "end caps like the ones used on the playpen".

Something else to worry about :eek: I can see where the bees might make a home but I can't picture what you are referring to "end caps like the ones used on the playpen".
No need to worry.
laugh.gif
Look at the bottom of a door. At the end of the 1 1/4 square tube. It's a grey plastic cap. They were a couple of bucks each. (Overtons has something similar...but not at 5 bucks apiece! They've got to be kidding!!
blink.gif

Our dealer ordered them. Not sure if they are directly from Bennington.

Maybe Team Bennington can let us know if they are available through the dealers? I'd call myself but they're closed right now!

Okay, thanks. When I went looking, I noticed the grey caps on the bottom of door frames and thought that might be what you were talking about. Good suggestion!

PS - Worry is just a natural state for me; I worry about everything and worry if I don't have something to worry about. :)

Got the grey caps for the bimini bees

Got the bounce dryer sheets in the seats for furry critters

Got cloves and mothballs for various bugs.

If I could figure out a way to prevent pollen and the occasional bird, my cover would be in pristine shape - plus I don't even want to think about snakes - hopefully they don't like bounce either :eek:

No need to worry.
laugh.gif
Look at the bottom of a door. At the end of the 1 1/4 square tube. It's a grey plastic cap. They were a couple of bucks each. (Overtons has something similar...but not at 5 bucks apiece! They've got to be kidding!!
blink.gif

Our dealer ordered them. Not sure if they are directly from Bennington.

Maybe Team Bennington can let us know if they are available through the dealers? I'd call myself but they're closed right now!
Hey there, just about everything you see on your boat can be re-ordered from your Bennington dealer. We provide our dealers with parts catalogs dating back more than 10 years. (Bennington does not sell directly to consumers).

Okay, thanks. When I went looking, I noticed the grey caps on the bottom of door frames and thought that might be what you were talking about. Good suggestion!

PS - Worry is just a natural state for me; I worry about everything and worry if I don't have something to worry about. :)

Got the grey caps for the bimini bees

Got the bounce dryer sheets in the seats for furry critters

Got cloves and mothballs for various bugs.

If I could figure out a way to prevent pollen and the occasional bird, my cover would be in pristine shape - plus I don't even want to think about snakes - hopefully they don't like bounce either :eek:
You could wrap the whole thing in plastic like they did with the living room furniture that nobody ever got to sit on...back in the day.
wink.gif

Back