Black out package

sdhen1

Reaction score
I am looking at new swing back at my local dealer verses ordering. I wanted to ask about the black out package and the swing back stern speaker system. We are concerned with the black out rails scratching easy. In looking at the boat we noticed some on the Bimini rails, possibly from install but wanted to ask to see if anyone with one has seen any issues or do they love it?
Also we want to add the rear swing back stern speaker and keeper rail system and was curious if anyone knows if it can be done. We asked the dealer and they said the rail wasn’t a problem but they where not sure about speaker. It looks like it just bolts on and would require cut out of panel for speakers? Thanks for the help.

I am looking at new swing back at my local dealer verses ordering. I wanted to ask about the black out package and the swing back stern speaker system. We are concerned with the black out rails scratching easy. In looking at the boat we noticed some on the Bimini rails, possibly from install but wanted to ask to see if anyone with one has seen any issues or do they love it?
Also we want to add the rear swing back stern speaker and keeper rail system and was curious if anyone knows if it can be done. We asked the dealer and they said the rail wasn’t a problem but they where not sure about speaker. It looks like it just bolts on and would require cut out of panel for speakers? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• A05DC4DC-E13D-4B18-ABDF-A92A2AC2DA47.png
    A05DC4DC-E13D-4B18-ABDF-A92A2AC2DA47.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 54
They do scratch fairly easy, but so does the regular anodized. I keep a black sharpie on the boat and touch up any little scratches I find. I’d say it scratches easier than I was expecting, but we are pretty particular with our boat, so it’s not a huge concern.

Last edited:
Your dealer should be able to contact Bennington and get an answer on the speaker panel addition. I would think that would be an easy answer for them.

They do scratch fairly easy, but so doEd regular anodized. I keep a black sharpie on the boat and touch up any little scratches I find. I’d say it scratches easier than I was expecting, but we are pretty particular with our boat, so it’s not a huge concern.
Thanks!!

Mine is going on it's second year and no scratches on the black rails yet.

2 years and no scratches, but then we take care of her.

Attachments

• 0075E7BF-9157-4DB0-998E-1D65A2C6AA9C.jpeg
    0075E7BF-9157-4DB0-998E-1D65A2C6AA9C.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 24
Back