Boat browsing update.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
My wife and I found a 2015 2372 QCW with a 250 Yamaha with 23 hrs. on it. You read correctly....23 hrs! Loaded and a Shorelander trailer is included. $57900. The owner lives in Colorado the boat is for sale in Arizona. Apparently the owner became sick and was/is unable to use it. I have already made contact with the sellers rep. Couple options.....We are contemplating a road trip to go check it out and if we like it, tow it home. Or.....fly out there check it out rent a U haul or a tow vehicle to tow it home. Or.....fly out there check it out and have it shipped home. It's about 2000 miles from NC. What do you think would be the most cost effective? Opinions from my Bennington brothers/sisters........

I'd turn it into a road trip!!! Sounds like a nice boat!

I went with my buddy a couple weeks ago and we went up to NC for him to get a new boat. Drove up Friday after work, slept for an hour and a half in a rest area got the boat when the dealer opened and drove straight back to FL. Back in my bed Saturday night.

I'd turn it into a road trip!!! Sounds like a nice boat!

I went with my buddy a couple weeks ago and we went up to NC for him to get a new boat. Drove up Friday after work, slept for an hour and a half in a rest area got the boat when the dealer opened and drove straight back to FL. Back in my bed Saturday night.
Where in NC? Near us?

Where in NC? Near us?

Not your neck of the woods. Smithfield.

I did have a connecting flight out of Charlotte on Wednesday to get back home through from a meeting!

Wow, what a find. Congratulations!!

WOW BK, sounds great. Another option is to hire a boat inspector in that area to check it out and then decide if it is worth the trip

WOW BK, sounds great. Another option is to hire a boat inspector in that area to check it out and then decide if it is worth the trip
Good idea Link. We also have Havasu from this forum. But don't want to bother him until we gather all the information and make an educated decision.

Windshield? Did someone say WINDSHIELD???!?!?

Don't forget about the prop. I've never seen paint on a stainless prop and I've never heard of an aluminum prop on that powerful an engine. I was under the impression that was a big no-no 150hp and above. I might consider one of those new Sharrow props but I definitely wouldn't even dunk it in the water with that prop on it. I seriously doubt it came that way originally from a Bennington dealer so my guess is that he hit a nice big rock and destroyed the stainless prop it came with and the dealer slapped that one on. Don't even think of buying it without trying it because if that scene I described did play out, chances are a shaft was bent and the boat will vibrate like a big rig idling on 3 cylinders.

As for working out the details with this type of purchase, I posted THIS in your last shopping thread and much of it will apply on this deal.

I LOVE the boat and price. However, Nautical brings up some potentially good points with the prop. Does seem odd! If his scenario is partially correct, it would certainly be cause for concern.

I've received 2 quotes from national shipping companies in case we go the shipping route if we decide to go to Arizona. First one was for $3900+ and the second was for $1800+. Big difference.

Perhaps you can hire a surveyor. It is common practice on most used boats here in Florida, though I've not really heard of it on pontoons. Many insurance carriers require one, as well as some lenders.

I'd be glad to check the boat out for you but there's one small problem. I don't live in Havasu any longer. I'm back in Kali. Wife wanted to be closer to the grandkids so we made the move back. Sorry.

I'd be glad to check the boat out for you but there's one small problem. I don't live in Havasu any longer. I'm back in Kali. Wife wanted to be closer to the grandkids so we made the move back. Sorry.
That's all right! We have seen and checked out so many boats and floorplans lately our heads are spinning! Our trip to Arizona might never happen because we have found several very similar boats (new and pre owned) that are a hell of alot closer than 2000 miles.

Back